It's right for you if...
You ride to have a good time. You like the idea of a bike that performs like monster truck in the woods and want the full mountain experience regardless of the season.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame, a RockShox Bluto RL fork, a FOX Performance Float EVOL rear shock with Trek's ultra-responsive RE:aktiv damper, a dropper post, a wide-range SRAM GX 1x11 drivetrain, and Tubeless Ready SUNringlé Mulefüt wheels paired with fast-rolling Bontrager Hodag 27.5x3.8˝ TLR tires.
The final word
Mountain bike manners on a monster truck frame. Farley EX 8 delivers exceptional full suspension capability for year-round riding in any terrain. If you thought fat bikes were only fun snow, this bike will change your mind.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Farley EX 8 delivers a full-on mountain bike experience in every season, not just winter
- The stability and traction of the 27.5x3.8˝ tires make you a more confident rider on any trail
- It's a four-season freedom machine that lets you ride outside all year long
- E2 head tube for confident handling on gnarly trails
"Wagon-wheeled snow-tamer with legit summer capability."
"If you want one bike to ride on snowy trails in the winter and capably rip around singletrack in the summer, then the Farley EX is one of the best options on the market."Read more
"A jack-of-all-trades, and a very capable one at that."
"If you just want one bike that can handle all terrain, Farley EX is it. You never have to get off it. Your legs are its only limitation."Read more
Alpha Platinum Aluminium
Our premium lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP, Full Floater, EVO link, E2 tapered head tube, internal derailleur & dropper routing, down tube guard, 120mm travel
- Front suspension
- RockShox Bluto RL, Solo Air, TurnKey lockout, E2 tapered steerer, 150x15mm Maxle Lite, 120mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float EVOL, RE:aktiv 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 7.25x1.875˝
- Front hub
- Bontrager alloy sealed bearing, 150x15
- Rear hub
- Bontrager alloy sealed bearing, 197x12 rear
- SUNringlé Mulefut 80 SL 32-hole cutout, tubeless strips and valves sold separately
- Bontrager Hodag, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 27.5x3.80˝
- SRAM GX, 11 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX, Roller Bearing Clutch
- Race Face Aeffect, 28T Direct Mount Narrow-Wide
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM XG-1150, 10-42, 11 speed
- SRAM PC-1110
- Not included
- Bontrager Evoke 2, chromoly rails
- KS eThirty Integra, remote lever, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, zero offset, internal routing
- Bontrager Line, 35mm, 15mm rise, 750mm width
- Bontrager Race Lite, lock-on
- Bontrager Line, 35mm, 0 degree
- Head set
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- SRAM Level T hydraulic disc
- 17.5" - 15.88 kg / 35.00 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 164.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'4.6"
72.0 - 77.0 cm
28.3" - 30.3"
163.0 - 176.0 cm
5'4.2" - 5'9.3"
77.0 - 83.0 cm
30.3" - 32.7"
175.0 - 187.0 cm
5'8.9" - 6'1.6"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
82.0 - 97.0 cm
32.3" - 38.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|