It's right for you if...
You're a serious enduro racer, and you're looking for a high-performance 29er with a premium parts group that throws down on technical descents and then flies back up the mountain to do it all again.
The tech you get
A stout OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, a FOX Performance 36 Float 160mm fork, and 150mm of rear travel with Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft damper. Plus, a SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain, Bontrager Line dropper post, and Bontrager Line Carbon 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub for quick acceleration when you need it most.
The final word
This is a beast of mountain bike. The tough OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, Bontrager carbon wheels, and high-end spec make Slash 9.8 a ridiculously fast enduro bike. It's so stable and responsive that the faster you go, the better it rides. If you're still on the fence about 29ers in rough stuff, Slash will make you a believer.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Slash 9.8 is like a mini DH bike: it has the capability of a downhill bike without the downhill weight
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- It's equally at home between the tape and in the rugged wild—Yes, Slash is a race bike, but it's ridiculously fun on gnarly trail rides, too
- We're not the only ones who love it: Slash was awarded Mountain Bike of the Year by Pinkbike
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame, alloy 1x-specific stays, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 150mm travel
- Front suspension
- Fox Performance 36 Float, GRIP adjustable damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, 160mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RT3, RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 230x57.5mm
- Bontrager Line Carbon 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager SE4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Core Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 29x2.40˝
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Descendant 7k Eagle DUB, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92mm
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12 speed
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada, austenite rails
- Bontrager Line, internal routing, 31.6mm, 15.5: 100mm, 17.5 & 18.5: 125mm, 19.5 & 21.5: 150mm
- Bontrager Line Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35mm, 27.5mm rise, 780mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line Pro, Knock Block, 35mm clamp, 0 degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- SRAM Guide RS hydraulic disc
- M - 14.06 kg / 31 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorized Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|