It's right for you if...
You want to have fun. You're searching for a playful trail bike with high-quality parts and plus-sized tires so that when you're out on the trail, the only thing you have to worry about is your face hurting from smiling too much.
The tech you get
Roscoe 8 features a strong Alpha Gold Aluminum frame, confidence-inspiring 27.5+ tires mounted to Tubeless Ready Bontrager Line rims, and a 120mm RockShox Solo Air fork with a TurnKey hydraulic lockout. Plus, a dropper post, a SRAM NX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain, and Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc brakes.
The final word
High-quality components for high-quality trail days. It's all about fun, but it's also all about performance. With a 12-speed drivetrain, hydraulic disc brakes, wide handlebars, and 27.5+ wheels, this bike takes trail riding shenanigans seriously.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- It's more fun to be a better rider: Roscoe is so stable and forgiving, it's like an instant ability upgrade
- Even when the trail gets rough, the wide 27.5x2.8˝ tires can deliver confidence, traction, and stability
- The dropper post lets you lower your saddle on the fly so its out of the way on descents
- The RockShox Solo Air fork can easily be adjusted for a specific rider weight, and it's lighter than a coil spring
- The NX Eagle drivetrain gives you a wider range of gears for easier climbing in a simple 1x set up
"A total ripper"
"Roscoe is a plus-tired hardtail that's decked out with all the modern luxuries you could want. Trek has done a stand-out job with the build kit - positive feedback from the key contact points and a thumbs-up from us. Not only were we impressed by its handling, it featured all the modern conveniences, including chunky 2.8 tires and a dropper post."Read more
You might also like
Alpha Gold Aluminum
Our high-performance lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted, and formed into manipulated tube shapes to balance strength and weight saving.
Locked suspension means your fork remains inactive, increasing pedaling efficiency. Perfect for extended road sections where efficiency is more important than bump absorption.
Dropper post internal routing
Not ready for an internally routed dropper post now, but want to keep your options open? Select frames are equipped with the proper entry and exit points to accommodate internal routing for a Stealth seat post.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
Extended size range
A wider range of sizes than the industry standard provides more option for everyone, from tallest to shortest and all those in between. Because everyone deserves a great ride.
- Alpha Gold Aluminum, tapered head tube, internal derailleur & dropper post routing, rack & kickstand mount, Boost141, G2 Geometry
- RockShox Judy Silver TK, Solo Air spring, rebound adjust, TurnKey hydraulic lockout, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, Boost110, 120mm travel (13.5: 100mm travel)
- Front hub
- Formula DC511, Boost110
- Rear hub
- Formula DC2241, Boost141
- Bontrager Line 40 28-hole Tubeless Ready, tubeless rim strips included, valves sold separately
- Maxxis Rekon, tubeless compatible, 27.5x2.80”
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX Eagle
- Truvativ Descendant 6k Eagle, 30T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- Truvativ Powerspline, 73mm
- SRAM XG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed
- SRAM NX Eagle
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada
- Dropper post, 31.6mm, internal routing
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 750mm width (13.5: 720mm width)
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mm clamp, 0 degree
- Semi-integrated, cartridge, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc
- M - 14.22 kg / 31.34 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
137.0 - 155.0 cm
4'5.9" - 5'1.0"
64.0 - 73.0 cm
25.2" - 28.7"
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|