It's right for you if...
You're serious about your XC riding. When you're not racing for the podium, you're ripping singletrack and conquering big climbs on the daily. And when you ride, you ride far—so you want a quality spec and superlight carbon frame with IsoSpeed to take the edge off fatiguing terrain so you can stay stronger longer.
The tech you get
A superlight SL OCLV Carbon frame with Control Freak internal cable routing and trail-smoothing IsoSpeed, a RockShox SID RL fork with an ultra-plush DebonAir spring, a SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain, Stylo Carbon Eagle crank, Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes, and Bontrager Kovee Elite 30 Tubeless Ready carbon wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive rear hub for fast engagement and quick acceleration.
The final word
This bike wins races. It has the lightest XC frame we make, with parts chosen for their light weight and performance on singletrack. Procaliber 9.8 SL is a worthy choice for XC riders set on breaking PRs and riding faster than anyone else in sight.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- You get advanced tech like carbon wheels and a carbon crank on a crazy light frame that weighs an astounding 1050 grams, which means you're dragging less weight on the climbs when you're riding toward the podium
- Wider Bontrager Kovee Elite 30 rims provide more tire support so you can run lower pressures for more traction, confidence, and speed
- The IsoSpeed decoupler makes it ride smoother than any other hardtail, so your body doesn't get beat up by trail chatter
- Make it yours: customize your ride through Project One
You might also like
Handlebar-mounted controls let you lock out your suspension on the fly as you switch terrains.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
MicroTruss housing guides are built directly into the frame, for the lightest, cleanest external cable routing.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone's.
- Super Light OCLV Mountain Carbon, IsoSpeed, tapered head tube, MicroTruss, Control Freak internal routing, balanced post mount brake, Boost148 & G2 Geometry on M and larger sizes (Size S: 142x12mm rear hub)
- RockShox SID RL, DebonAir, Motion Control damper, remote lockout, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset on 29ers, Boost110, 100mm travel
- Bontrager Kovee Elite 30 Carbon, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear (15.5: 142x12 rear), tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.20˝ (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Type 3 Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Stylo Carbon Eagle Dub, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- DUB PF92
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12 speed
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Montrose Elite, titanium rails
- Bontrager Pro, OCLV Carbon, 31.6mm, 0mm offset
- Bontrager Race X Lite, OCLV Carbon, 31.8mm, 5mm rise, 720mm width
- ESI Chunky
- Bontrager Pro, 31.8mm, 7 degree, Blendr compatible
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Shimano Deore XT M8000 hydraulic disc
- M - 10.07 kg / 22.19 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|