It's right for you if...
Every ride is exciting. You've graduated Mountain Biking 101, and now want a real trail bike you can throw around – one that's not shy about trying new lines, leaving the ground and clearing obstacles. You want a solid parts group and a durable frame, and you want it at great value.
The tech you get
A durable and lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame, 160 mm RockShox Yari RC fork and 150 mm of rear travel. Plus, a dependable SRAM NX 11-speed drivetrain, SRAM Level T hydraulic disc brakes, a dropper post and Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub for fast engagement.
The final word
The frame is trustworthy and the parts are solid. But what really makes this bike great is that it handles and rides like a bike that costs twice as much. That's because it's designed the same way as our top-end Remedy: for a playful ride that you can count on when the trail gets rowdy.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Remedy 7 combines an ultra-capable frame and shock with tough, no-fuss parts that keep the stoke high and the cost low
- 29er wheels are great for other people, but 27.5˝ wheels are livelier and more fun on rugged trails
- The shifter-style, underbar remote dropper post lever is super intuitive and easy to use
- Straight Shot stiffness, Knock Block frame defence
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
Alpha Platinum Aluminium
Our premium lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block, Full Floater, EVO link, E2 tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, PF92, ISCG 05, 150 mm travel
- Front suspension
- RockShox Yari RL, Solo Air, Motion Control damper, E2 tapered steerer, Boost110, 160 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RL, 230x57.5 mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips and valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 27.5x2.40˝
- SRAM NX, 11-speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX, Roller Bearing Clutch
- SRAM NX, 32T Direct Mount X-Sync
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM PG-1130, 11-42, 11-speed
- SRAM PC-1110
- Not included
- Bontrager Evoke 2, chromoly rails
- Dropper post, Bontrager lever, 31.6 mm, internal routing
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise, 780 mm width
- Bontrager Rhythm, dual lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, Knock Block, 31.8 mm, 0-degree, 50 mm length
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- SRAM Level T hydraulic disc
- M - 14.61 kg / 32.20 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|