It's right for you if...
You're a mountain biker through and through, and want a single carbon bike for the best performance on everything from XC races to gnarly descents and technical trails. You know you'll be riding this bike on every trail, so you're not going to compromise on frame material, suspension or components.
The tech you get
A lightweight OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with full carbon stays, Bontrager Line Carbon wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive rear hub for instant engagement, a 1x12 SRAM X01 Eagle drivetrain with a carbon crank, a 130 mm FOX Factory Float fork, and 130 mm rear travel with a FOX Factory rear shock featuring Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft. Plus, a Bontrager Line dropper post, 35 mm Bontrager Line Pro OCLV Carbon handlebar.
The final word
If you can have just one mountain bike, this is it. Fuel EX 9.9 has high-end parts on the best OCLV Mountain Carbon frame we make. It's equally at home on fast singletrack, gnarly trail and everything in-between.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The Fuel EX 9.9 is the single best choice for riders who want a versatile ripper for every kind of mountain biking, from fast XC races to burly technical terrain
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- Fuel EX 9.9 hits the sweet spot for high-end performance: you get the best frame and suspension with a premium parts group chosen for value
- Make it yours: it's fully customisable through Project One
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone else's.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame & stays, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, PF92, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 130 mm travel
- Fox Factory 34 Float, FIT4 3-position damper, tapered steerer, Kashima Coat, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset, 130 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Factory Float EVOL, RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft 3-position damper, Kashima Coat, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x52.5 mm
- Bontrager Line Carbon 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.40˝
- SRAM X01 Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM X01 Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- SRAM X01 Eagle carbon DUB, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92 mm
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12-speed
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada Pro, carbon rails
- Bontrager Line, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 15.5: 100 mm, 17.5 & 18.5: 125 mm, 19.5 & 21.5: 150 mm
- Bontrager Line Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35 mm, 15 mm rise, 750 mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line Pro, Knock Block, 35 mm clamp, 0-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano Deore XT M8020 4-piston hydraulic disc
- M - 12.19 kg / 26.87 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).