It's right for you if...
You're ready to go full suspension, and you want a versatile trail bike with fast-rolling 29˝ wheels at great value. You want a ride that's sure-footed, capable and responsive, so you can stay in control wherever you're riding.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame with fast-rolling 29˝ wheels and 130 mm of front and rear travel. Plus, Boost148/110 hub spacing for added strength and tyre clearance, a durable Shimano 10-speed drivetrain and fully adjustable RockShox air suspension.
The final word
Full suspension performance without the sticker shock. Fuel EX 5 has the same frame and suspension tech found on our higher-end alloy Fuel EX models. 130 mm of travel, Boost 148/110 hub spacing and a Shimano 1x10 drivetrain make for an ideal introduction to the world of full suspension trail riding.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- You're getting incredible features and the latest mountain bike innovations at an exceptional value
- It has the capability of far more expensive trail bikes
- It's great for riders who don't want to do just one kind of mountain biking, but who want to explore everything from XC marathons to epic descents
- Straight Shot stiffness, Knock Block frame defence
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
Alpha Platinum Aluminium
Our premium lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone else's.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, Full Floater, EVO link, E2 tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, PF92, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 130 mm travel
- Front suspension
- RockShox Recon Silver, Solo Air spring, Motion Control damper, E2 tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset, Boost110, 130 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RL, 210x52.5 mm
- Front hub
- Formula Alloy DC511, Boost110
- Rear hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing alloy axle, Boost148
- Bontrager Connection 32-hole double-walled
- Bontrager XR3, 29x2.30"
- Shimano Deore M6000, 10-speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Deore M6020
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore M6000, Shadow Plus
- Race Face Ride, 36/22
- Bottom bracket
- Shimano HG500, 11-42, 10speed
- KMC X10
- Not included
- Bontrager Evoke 1.5
- Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12 mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15mm rise, 750 mm width
- Bontrager Race
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, Knock Block, 31.8 mm, 0 degree, 60 mm length
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano M315 hydraulic disc
- M - 14.65 kg / 32.30 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|