It's right for you if...
You're testing the waters of off-road riding, and want a real mountain bike at a great value with a wide range of gears to cover more ground on the road and trail. You also side with women who prefer the fit and feel of a bike made specifically for them.
The tech you get
The heart of Marlin 6 Women's is the lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminum frame with internal derailleur routing and a sloping top tube on smaller frame sizes (13.5˝ and 15.5˝) for better standover height and more confidence on the trail. It also has touchpoints—like the saddle, bars, and grips—that can provide a better fit to women from the start. It has 24 speeds and a wide range of gearing, hydraulic disc brakes that feel smoother than mechanical disc brakes, and a suspension fork with a lockout feature and 100mm of travel.
The final word
Performance features like suspension lockout, stronger double-walled rims, hydraulic disc brakes, and touchpoints designed for women. It's also equipped with rack and kickstand mounts and a wider range of gears. These design details make it a great choice if your mountain bike doubles as your commuter.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Lots of gears so you can cover a lot of ground fast, without ever pedaling too easy or too hard
- Smaller frame sizes (13.5˝ and 15.5˝) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- Marlin Women's models in 13.5˝ and 15.5˝ frame sizes have a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
- Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorize, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Like every model in the Marlin family, it's backed by Trek's lifetime warranty
Will my bike have a curved top tube?
Smaller frames (13.5˝ and 15.5˝) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. The larger frames (17.5˝ and 18.5˝) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
Internal cable routing
We route shift and brake cables through the frame to keep things clean and simple. And it looks great, too.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Locked suspension means your fork remains inactive, increasing pedaling efficiency. Perfect for extended road sections where efficiency is more important than bump absorption.
Dropper post internal routing
Not ready for an internally routed dropper post now, but want to keep your options open? Select frames are equipped with the proper entry and exit points to accommodate internal routing for a Stealth seat post.
Extended size range
A wider range of sizes than the industry standard provides more option for everyone, from tallest to shortest and all those in between. Because everyone deserves a great ride.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone's.
Alpha Silver Aluminum
Our proprietary lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded to a single wall thickness for durable performance.
- Alpha Silver Aluminum, internal derailleur, dropper post and brake routing, chainstay brake mount, rack & kickstand mount, G2 Geometry on 29ers (lower standover on 13.5" and 15.5" sizes)
- Front suspension
- SR Suntour XCT 30, coil spring, preload, hydraulic lockout, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset on 29ers, 100mm travel (13.5: 80mm travel)
- Front hub
- Formula DC20 alloy
- Rear hub
- Formula DC22 alloy
- Bontrager Connection 32-hole double-walled
- Bontrager XR2, 29x2.20˝ front, 29x2.0˝ rear (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- Shimano Altus M310, 8 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Altus M313
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Altus M310
- Shimano Tourney TY501, 42/34/24
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge, 73mm
- Shimano HG200, 12-32, 8 speed
- KMC Z7
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Ajna 1 Women's
- Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise, 720mm width (13.5, 15.5: 690mm width)
- Bontrager XR Endurance Comp
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 7 degree, Blendr compatible
- Head set
- 1-1/8˝ threadless, semi-integrated, semi-cartridge bearings
- Brake set
- Tektro HD-275 hydraulic disc (13.5 & 15.5: Tektro HD-276 short reach lever)
- 15.5˝ - 14.08 kg / 31.05 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorized Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
147.0 - 155.0 cm
4'9.9" - 5'1.0"
69.0 - 73.0 cm
27.2" - 28.7"
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|