It's right for you if...
You want to push boundaries and go to otherwise unreachable places on your mountain bike. You want all the benefits of an advanced pedal-assist system along with the handling, suspension performance, and capability of a true 27.5+ mid-fat trail bike.
The tech you get
A durable Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame that fully encases a long-range 500Wh battery for great aesthetics and ride quality on the trail, a Bosch Performance CX motor and an ergonomic Purion controller. Plus, 130mm front and rear travel with a RockShox Revelation RL fork, grippy 27.5+ mid-fat tires, Tubeless Ready Bontrager Line Comp wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub, a dropper post, and an 11-speed Shimano SLX/XT drivetrain.
The final word
Powerfly FS 7 is more than the sum of its parts. It has a high-performance Bosch motor and high-performance trail bike parts, but together these elements make a go-anywhere e-MTB that changes where and how you can ride. The pedal-assist system, dropper post, and 27.5+ mid-fat tires make it a great bike for exploring steeper, rougher terrain.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy to remove the battery without tools, and lets you mount a water bottle cage—even on full suspension e-MTBs
- For e-MTB, full suspension is a game-changer: it soaks up rugged terrain so you can ride the Bosch pedal-assist system to its full potential
- It rides like a mountain bike because it is one: it has the same frame and suspension tech we've refined in our decades-long trail heritage
- When you power down the assist, you have a fully capable trail bike that's ready to take on rugged terrain
- Even when the trail gets rough, the wide 27.5+ tires deliver more confidence, traction, and stability
"Trek electric bikes are some of my favorites"
"It's nice to have a dropper post, fully-adjustable suspension, and a frame that is well-balanced. The drive system is positioned well and performs incredibly. Trek really dialed in their rear suspension and ABP reduces skipping so the rear wheel track the ground. The removable battery pack with a handle makes this an easy bike to lift, transport, service on the trail, and park securely."Read more
"An absolute riot"
"On terrain that an elite-level XC racer would struggle to conquer, the Powerfly winched up huge mountains with seamless power delivery, especially in eMTB mode that automatically matches your effort. Planted and sure-footed on the descents, it gives you the confidence to release your grip on the powerful brakes and push the tires to the limit."Read more
"Easily one of our top choices"
"The eMTB mode is a fantastic alternative to the manually adjusted power settings found on most other e-bikes. The beauty is that eMTB mode works so well, you can forget about it entirely and focus on the ride instead. Having e-bike specific forks and four piston brakes for example is something that seems obvious, but surprisingly few companies actually make happen."Read more
"Trek has created something special"
"Powerfly really feels at home blasting around even the most extreme trails. Rough terrain is simply swallowed up by the capable suspension. The relatively long chain stays are a huge advantage on steep sections, letting you stay seated without losing any traction. The front wheel hardly ever lifts off the ground and the central position makes it easy to pedal on technical sections and maintain your balance."Read more
You might also like
Removable Integrated Battery
RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It’s the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security, or just easier charging.
Bosch Performance CX
Bosch’s Performance CX line is made for rugged off-road use with a maximum torque of up to 75 newton meters, sustained power into the high cadence range for sporty acceleration, and a sleek mid-mount motor for ideal weight balance and obstacle clearance.
Bosch Purion Display
Bosch's Purion display features a fully-functional speedometer with a backlit display, service interval indicator, and battery range indicator. Its thoughtful design allows riders to scroll through functions or choose the right level of support while maintaining contact with handlebars.
This unique protection-shield made of lightweight but robust aluminum protects the motor against stones.
Alpha Platinum Aluminum
Our premium lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), EVO link, tapered head tube, Knock Block, internal derailleur & dropper post routing, G2 Geometry, Boost148, 130mm travel
- RockShox Revelation RL, DebonAir, Motion Control RC damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, 130mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RL, 205x50mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 40, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 27.5x2.80˝
- Shimano SLX M7000, 11 speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore XT M8000, Shadow Plus
- Race Aeffect, 15T w/chainguard
- Shimano SLX M7000, 11-46, 11 speed
- Shimano HG600, 11 speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada
- Dropper post, 31.6mm, internal routing
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 750mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, Knock Block, 31.8mm clamp, 0 degree
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Shimano Deore M6000 hydraulic disc
- Bosch PowerTube 500Wh
- Bosch Purion
- Bosch Performance CX
- M - 23.13 kg / 51 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|