It's right for you if...
You're a commuter or fitness rider who refuses to let a little foul weather ruin your time in the saddle. You're looking for a versatile, comfortable bike with quality parts that will perform on longer rides—even when you stray from the pavement to rougher surfaces like rail trails.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminum frame and FX carbon fork, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes for all-weather stopping power, a Shimano Acera/Alivio drivetrain with 27 speeds and a wide range of gears for hills, a Bontrager Satellite Plus IsoZone handlebar and ergonomic grips for comfort on long rides and uneven terrain, extra mounts for accessories like a rack and fenders, and puncture-resistant Bontrager H2 Hard-case Lite tires.
The final word
FX 3 Disc is a commuter if you want it to be, a fitness bike when you feel like working out, and a cruiser when you're riding the neighborhood with your family. What really makes this model stand out are the upgraded hydraulic disc brakes, which are smoother than mechanical disc brakes and deliver incredible stopping power in muddy and rainy conditions.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Weather? What weather? Hydraulic disc brakes let you stop on a dime and ask for change, even in the rain and mud
- Road bike speed and hybrid bike versatility in one performance package
- It's versatile and does whatever you want it to do, whether that's riding for fitness, commuting, or cruising to the farmer's market to pick up groceries
- It's easy to accessorize with racks, a kickstand, fenders, lights, and more!
- You can pair FX with your smartphone and send your ride data to your favorite fitness app when you add DuoTrap S
You might also like
Rack & fender ready
Built-in mounts make it easy to add racks and fenders for added versatility.
DuoTrap S compatible
DuoTrap S integrates a Bluetooth®/ANT+ sensor into the frame. Log routes and track fitness progress on your computer or smart phone with no external sensor. Works with all major ANT+ wireless players, including Bontrager, Garmin, PowerTap, and SRM.
Tough Bontrager Hard-Case tires help keep flats from slowing you down.
Alpha Gold Aluminum frame
Our high-performance lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted, and formed into manipulated tube shapes to balance strength and weight saving.
Lightweight fork with carbon fiber legs soaks up hand-numbing road vibration.
IsoZone handlebar and grips
Suspension for your hands. Our exclusive vibration-damping IsoZone material absorbs road bumps and buzz, giving you more control and an incredibly comfortable ride.
Tubeless Ready rims
Bontrager TLR (Tubeless Ready) Road is the first fully integrated tubeless system for road wheels. When you go tubeless with TLR, you can run lower tire pressure for increased traction and comfort without the threat of pinch flats.
Hydraulic disc brakes
Hydraulic disc brakes offer the absolute strongest stopping power in all conditions, including wet and muddy.
- FX Alpha Gold Aluminum, DuoTrap S compatible, post mount disc, rack & fender mounts
- FX carbon, post mount disc, lowrider & fender mounts
- Front hub
- Formula alloy, 6-bolt disc, 12mm thru axle, 32h
- Rear hub
- Formula DC22 alloy
- Bontrager Tubeless Ready Disc, 32h
- Bontrager H2 Hard-case Lite, 700x32c
- Shimano Acera, 9 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Acera
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Alivio T4000
- Shimano Acera M371, 48/36/26 w/chainguard
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- Shimano HG200, 11-34, 9 speed
- KMC X9
- Bontrager Satellite City
- Bontrager H1
- Bontrager SSR, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager Satellite Plus IsoZone, 31.8mm, 15mm rise
- Bontrager Satellite IsoZone Plus, lock-on, ergonomic
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, w/computer & light mounts
- 1-1/8˝ threadless, sealed cartridge bearings
- Shimano MT-200 hydraulic disc
- M - 12.04 kg / 26.54 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
154.0 - 167.0 cm
5'0.6" - 5'5.7"
72.0 - 78.0 cm
28.3" - 30.7"
164.0 - 177.0 cm
5'4.6" - 5'9.7"
77.0 - 83.0 cm
30.3" - 32.7"
174.0 - 187.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'1.6"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
185.0 - 197.0 cm
6'0.8" - 6'5.6"
87.0 - 93.0 cm
34.3" - 36.6"
196.0 - 203.0 cm
6'5.2" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size letter||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|