It's right for you if...
You want the money you spend on a top-end trail bike to go into the parts that make the biggest difference in your ride. For Remedy 9.9, that's the carbon frame, carbon wheels and top-level suspension. It's built with a high-quality SRAM X01 parts group that keeps the price in check so you have some cash left over for post-ride shenanigans.
The tech you get
A lightweight full OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, 160 mm FOX Factory 36 Float fork and 150 mm of rear travel with a FOX Factory Float shock with Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft damper. Plus, a 1x12 SRAM X01 Eagle drivetrain, Shimano XT 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes, Bontrager Line Carbon wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive rear hub for fast engagement and a Bontrager Line dropper post.
The final word
There's nowhere to go from Remedy 9.9 but down. If you're looking for a top-level carbon trail bike with the best in frame and suspension tech, you've just found it. Remedy 9.9 is a capable, sure-footed and fast long-travel trail bike for big all-mountain adventures.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, FOX Factory suspension, Bontrager carbon wheels: Remedy 9.9 falls squarely in the 'dream bike' category
- 'Wait for me', said no Remedy rider ever – This bike has a lot of travel, but it's also extremely quick on the flats and climbs
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- It has all the latest tech that adds up to a great ride, like carbon wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub, Mino Link adjustable geometry and Boost148/110 hub spacing
Will my bike have a curved top tube?
Smaller frames (S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. The larger frames (M and ML) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame & stays, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, ISCG 05, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 150mm travel
- Fox Factory 36, Float EVOL air spring, GRIP2 damper, tapered steerer, 44mm offset, Kashima Coat, Boost110, 15mm Kabolt axle, 160mm travel
- Max compatible fork travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Factory Float EVOL, RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft 3-position damper, Kashima Coat, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 230x57.5mm
- Bontrager Line Carbon 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Bontrager SE5 front, SE4 rear, Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Core Strength sidewall, aramid bead, 60 tpi, 27.5x2.60"
- Max tyre size
- SRAM X01 Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM X01 Eagle
- SRAM X01 Eagle Carbon, DUB, 32T alloy ring, Boost
- Max. chainring size
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB, 92mm, PressFit
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12 speed
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Bontrager Arvada, austenite rails
- Bontrager Line Elite Dropper, internal routing, 31.6mm
- Bontrager Line Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35mm, 27.5mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line Pro, 35mm, Knock Block, 0 degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano XT M8120 4-piston hydraulic disc
- M - 12.91 kg / 28.46 lbs (with TLR sealant, no tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 166.5 cm
5'0.2" - 5'5.6"
72.0 - 79.0 cm
28.3" - 31.1"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
165.5 - 179.0 cm
5'5.2" - 5'10.5"
77.0 - 84.0 cm
30.3" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|