It's right for you if...
You're looking to build a rugged DH or park bike for the biggest trails out there, and want a 27.5˝-optimised frameset with exclusive trail tech, like adjustable Mino Link geometry, which can't be found anywhere else.
The tech you get
A burly Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame, an adjustable FOX Performance shock with 210 mm of travel, integrated frame protection, FSA Orbit headset, and exclusive trail tech like ABP, Full Floater and Mino Link. Built for 27.5˝ wheels.
The final word
This burly frameset is perfectly capable of taking on the roughest, fastest descents you can find, and it's equally at home in the park, too. The best DH frame tech, a stable geometry and a quality shock give you a head start on your dream downhill rig.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Session has the heart of a monster truck: it rolls over everything, gives you the confidence to take on rougher trails, and saves you when you don't take the right line
- Quality FOX Performance suspension and our ABP frame design keep you in control
- Race or get rowdy? This bike does both
- 27.5 wheels are great for flicking the bike around through the most technical trails
Alpha Platinum Aluminium
Our premium lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Integrated frame protection
Integrated guards protect top tube from dual-crown fork stanchion impact, and down tube from trail debris. The down tube guard is removable, allowing riders to shed valuable grams on race day, or to replace the guard as necessary.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, ABP, Full Floater, EVO Link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, integrated frame protection, internal control routing, MicroTruss, downtube guard, ISCG Mount, 210 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance VAN, externally adjustable rebound and low-speed compression; (S 181.5 kg/400 lb; M 205 kg/450 lb; L 227 kg/500 lb; XL 227 kg/500 lb spring), tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 8.75x2.75˝
- Head set
- FSA Orbit, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- M - 4.22 kg / 9.3 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
154.0 - 167.0 cm
5'0.6" - 5'5.7"
72.0 - 78.0 cm
28.3" - 30.7"
164.0 - 177.0 cm
5'4.6" - 5'9.7"
77.0 - 83.0 cm
30.3" - 32.7"
174.0 - 187.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'1.6"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
185.0 - 197.0 cm
6'0.8" - 6'5.6"
87.0 - 93.0 cm
34.3" - 36.6"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|