It's right for you if...
You want to get out and ride more, and you're looking for performance where it really counts: a lightweight frame, wide range of gearing, and strong wheels. You also want a great value, and the confidence of Trek's lifetime warranty.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminum frame and 21 speeds so there's always a right gear for your terrain. It's equipped with strong double-walled wheels and mounts that make it easy to accessorize your ride with racks, fenders, lights, fitness trackers, a kickstand, and more!
The final word
FX 1 Stagger is a workhorse hybrid bike at a great value. It's built with a lightweight aluminum frame, performance parts that keep the price in check, and strong wheels built on double-walled rims. This hybrid is perfectly suited to a variety of uses, from casual riding to exercise and commutes.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- This bike brings families together, gets people away from screens, and lets you enjoy time outside
- The stepthrough frame makes it easy to hop on and go, and hop off when your ride is over
- It's versatile and does whatever you want it to do, whether that's riding for fitness, commuting, or cruising to the farmer's market to pick up groceries
- It's easy to accessorize with racks, a kickstand, fenders, lights, and fitness devices to track your ride data
- Like every Trek hybrid, it's backed by a lifetime warranty and supported by a wide network of retail partners
Alpha Gold Aluminum frame
Our high-performance lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted, and formed into manipulated tube shapes to balance strength and weight saving.
DuoTrap S compatible
DuoTrap S integrates a Bluetooth®/ANT+ sensor into the frame. Log routes and track fitness progress on your computer or smart phone with no external sensor. Works with all major ANT+ wireless players, including Bontrager, Garmin, PowerTap, and SRM.
Rack & fender ready
Built-in mounts make it easy to add racks and fenders for added versatility.
Easy-on, easy-off stepthrough frame is perfect for anybody not interested in slinging a leg over the top tube.
- FX Alpha Gold Aluminum, Stagger type, DuoTrap S compatible, rack & fender mounts
- High-tensile steel w/lowrider mounts
- Front hub
- Formula FM21 alloy
- Rear hub
- Formula FM31 alloy
- Bontrager Connection, alloy, 32h
- Bontrager H2, 700x35c
- Shimano Altus EF500, 7 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Tourney TY51
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Altus M310
- Forged alloy, 48/38/28 w/chainguard
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- SunRace freewheel, 14-34, 7 speed
- KMC Z51
- Wellgo nylon platform
- Bontrager Sport
- Bontrager SSR, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager Riser, 25.4mm, 30mm rise
- Bontrager Satellite, ergonomic
- Bontrager alloy, 25.4mm, 15 degree
- Head set
- 1-1/8˝ threadless, sealed cartridge bearings
- Brake set
- Tektro alloy linear-pull
- M - 12.33 kg / 27.19 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorized Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
154.0 - 167.0 cm
5'0.6" - 5'5.7"
72.0 - 78.0 cm
28.3" - 30.7"
164.0 - 177.0 cm
5'4.6" - 5'9.7"
77.0 - 83.0 cm
30.3" - 32.7"
174.0 - 187.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'1.6"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|