It's right for you if...
You're looking for a long-travel e-MTB that gives you a serious power boost without holding you back from hitting the techy terrain and big drops you love. You prefer to drop your upgrade cash on a plush suspension set-up and high-performance parts than a frame.
The tech you get
A light and durable Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame that fully encases a 625 Wh battery for sleek looks and protection on the trail, a 160 mm RockShox Lyrik Select Plus fork with Charger 2 RC damper, 150 mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe RT3 shock with Trek's RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft damper, a powerful new Bosch Performance Line CX 250 W motor that assists up to 32 km/h,and a Purion controller. A 1x12 SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain, Bontrager Line Elite dropper post, Shimano SLX 4-piston brakes and Bontrager Line Comp 30 29er wheels with Bontrager SE5 Team Issue tyres.
The final word
Our best alloy Rail features major performance upgrades to the suspension, drivetrain, dropper and more. Bosch’s longest-range battery packs the power you need to get in more laps than you can handle.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain – no shuttle or lift necessary
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter and more efficient. It feels more natural while you’re pedalling, and has less drag when you’re not
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
New Bosch Performance Line CX
The all-new Bosch Performance Line CX motor is lighter, smaller and quieter than previous versions, for cleaner integration and more nimble handling. It’s also more efficient so you can go further on a single battery charge. Use the intelligent eMTB mode to automatically adjust the amount of assist to match the terrain. It’s a set-and-forget mode that delivers just the right amount of power so you can focus on enjoying the ride.
Removable Integrated Battery
RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It’s the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security or just easier charging.
Tubeless Ready rims and tyres make it easy to ditch the tubes so you get better traction, fewer flats and less weight. The rim strips are already installed; just add TLR valves and sealant.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, magnesium rocker link, Motor Armour, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle, 150 mm travel
- RockShox Lyrik Select Plus, DebonAir spring, Charger 2 RC damper, e-MTB optimised, tapered steerer, 42 mm offset, Boost110, 15 mm Maxle Stealth, 160 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RT3, DebonAir spring, RE:aktiv w/Thru Shaft damper, 230x57.5 mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Bontrager SE5 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Core Strength sidewall, aramid bead, 60 tpi, 29x2.60"
- SRAM GX Eagle single-click, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle
- SRAM X1 1000, 34T
- SRAM PG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12-speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada, hollow chromoly rails, 138 mm width
- Bontrager Line Elite Dropper, internal routing, 31.6 mm
- Bontrager Line, alloy, 35 mm, 27.5 mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line, 35 mm, Knock Block, 0-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano SLX M7120 4-piston hydraulic disc, 180 mm rotor
- Bosch PowerTube, 625 Wh
- Bosch Purion
- NEW Bosch Performance Line CX, 250 Watt, 75 Nm, magnesium body, 25 km/h max assist
- M - 23.91 kg / 52.71 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Stem length|