It's right for you if...
You ride rugged trails and you're ready to go further and faster than ever. You want the best trail bike capability, the latest in mountain bike and e-MTB tech and enough suspension to soak up the big hits and obstacles you'll encounter.
The tech you get
A durable Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame that fully encases a long-range 500Wh battery for great aesthetics and ride quality on the trail, a Bosch Performance CX motor and Purion controller. Plus, an e-bike optimised FOX 36 fork with thicker, stiffer legs, RockShox rear shock with RE:aktiv damper, grippy 27.5+ mid-fat tyres, e-bike specific Powerline Comp 40 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub, a Bontrager Line dropper post and a 1x12 SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain.
The final word
This e-MTB ticks all the boxes for rugged trail bike capability. It has high-end trail spec, long-travel suspension with advanced damper tech, upgraded Bontrager wheels and a powerful Bosch pedal-assist system. All together, that makes for a ridiculously capable performance ride that's the perfect companion for serious trail outings.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy to remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage – even on full suspension e-MTBs
- Longer travel suspension and 27.5+ mid-fat tyres are the perfect combination for traction, stability and capability on rough trails
- An advanced spec including e-MTB-specific parts and Trek's RE:aktiv damper take this model to the next level
- It rides like a mountain bike because it is one: it has the same frame and suspension tech that we've refined in our decades-long trail heritage
Removable Integrated Battery
RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It’s the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security or just easier charging.
Bosch Performance CX
Bosch’s Performance CX line is made for rugged off-road use with a maximum torque of up to 75 newton metres, sustained power into the high cadence range for sporty acceleration and a sleek mid-mount motor for ideal weight balance and obstacle clearance.
Bosch Purion Display
Bosch's Purion display features a fully-functional speedometer with a backlit display, service interval indicator and battery range indicator. Its thoughtful design allows riders to scroll through functions or choose the right level of support while maintaining contact with the handlebars.
This unique protection shield made of lightweight but robust aluminium protects the motor against stones.
Alpha Platinum Aluminium
Our premium lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
Bosch PowerTube 500Wh
This latest Bosch battery sets the standard in integration and has 500 Wh for an extended range.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, ABP, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), EVO link, tapered head tube, Knock Block, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, G2 Geometry, Boost148, 150 mm travel
- Front suspension
- Fox Performance 36 Float, GRIP adjustable damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset, e-bike optimised, 160 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RT3, RE:aktiv 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 205x57.5 mm
- Bontrager Powerline Comp 40, 54T Rapid Drive, Tubeless Ready, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 27.5x2.80˝
- SRAM GX Eagle single-click, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- SRAM EX1, 15T w/chain guard
- SRAM XG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12-speed
- SRAM NX Eagle
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada, hollow chromoly rails
- Bontrager Line, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 15.5: 100 mm, 17.5 & 18.5: 125 mm, 19.5 & 21.5: 150 mm
- Bontrager Line, 35 mm, 27.5 mm rise, 780 width
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line, Knock Block, 35 mm clamp, 0-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano Deore XT M8000 4-piston hydraulic disc
- Bosch PowerTube 500 Wh
- Bosch Purion
- Bosch Performance CX
- M - 23.50 kg / 51.8 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|