It's right for you if...
You're out to win and you're looking for the aero advantage other triathlon bikes simply can't provide. You understand fit is a crucial part of going fast and you want a bike that's infinitely customisable to your perfect aero position.
The tech you get
A lightweight 500 Series OCLV Carbon frame, drag-reducing Kammtail Virtual Foil (KVF) tube shaping, full Shimano Ultegra 11-speed drivetrain with Dura-Ace bar end shifters, fully integrated handlebar and stem, Bontrager Hilo Comp triathlon-specific saddle for an aggressive and aero position and aerodynamic Bontrager Aeolus 5 Comp TLR wheels.
The final word
When you ride Speed Concept, you're gonna go fast.A lightweight carbon frame, aero tube shaping, carbon wheels and an 11-speed Shimano Ultegra drivetrain mean speed and efficiency where it counts. Triathletes, time trialists, general speed demons – this one's for you.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- It's a triathlon superbike that's proven to be the fastest in the wind tunnel
- PRs are for breaking, and Speed Concept is the bike designed to put you closer to whatever goal you've set for yourself, whether that's a faster bike split or a new speed record
- Make it yours: it's fully customisable through Project One
- Speed Concept is easy to adjust and comes in an extended size range, which means that every rider can find their fastest, most dialled fit
- Easy build, easy travel: fast assembly makes it easier to travel to races
We tested every shape possible, and found this 6:1 ratio is fastest where it matters most. This fork slices the wind from 2.5-12.5 degrees of yaw angle without stalling for unparalleled aerodynamic performance in real-world wind conditions.
Integrated Speed Storage
Bontrager integrated Speed Storage products are so well fitted to the Speed Concept frame that you and your bike are actually more aerodynamic with them than without.
Fast build, easy adjustment
Tri bikes are not known to be mechanic friendly. But Speed Concept changes that. It’s faster to build, easier to adjust, simpler to pack for race travel. You’re welcome.
Bar is integrated into the frame for the sleekest, lowest-drag profile.
Ultra-clean front end
Move around to the front of Speed Concept and an amazing thing happens: it all but disappears. Fully integrated handlebar with hidden gear shift and brake cables presents 30% less surface to the wind. It's the lightest, cleanest, most aero front end ever.
- 500 Series OCLV Carbon, KVF (Kammtail Virtual Foil) tube shape, BB90, Speed Fin compatible, DuoTrap compatible, SC Draft Box 2 and SC Speed Box compatible
- SC full foil carbon, integrated brake and stem
- Bontrager Aeolus Comp Tubeless Ready
- Bontrager R2 Hard-Case Lite, 700x25c
- Max tyre size
- 25 c Bontrager tyres (with at least 4 mm of clearance to frame)
- Shimano Dura-Ace bar end, 11 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Ultegra, braze-on
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Ultegra
- Shimano Ultegra, 50/34 (compact)
- Bottom bracket
- Shimano Ultegra, 11-28, 11-speed
- Shimano Ultegra
- Not included
- Bontrager Hilo Comp, chromoly rails
- Bontrager Speed Concept Race Lite, alloy, +/-20 mm offset
- Bontrager Speed Concept KVF aero bar, carbon, direct mount, UCI legal
- Bontrager tape
- Bontrager Speed Concept, direct mount
- Head set
- Integrated, sealed bearings
- Brake set
- Bontrager Speed Limit integrated, Bontrager Race lite aero levers
- M – 8.76 kg/19.32 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 125 kg (275 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
154.0 - 170.0 cm
5'0.6" - 5'6.9"
72.0 - 80.0 cm
28.3" - 31.5"
164.0 - 177.0 cm
5'4.6" - 5'9.7"
77.0 - 83.0 cm
30.3" - 32.7"
174.0 - 187.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'1.6"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Saddle rail height minimum (w/short mast)||Saddle rail height maximum (w/tall mast)|