It's right for you if...
You want the fastest downhill bike that we offer. You want the speed of 29˝ wheels and the stability of a full-on DH frame. You seek out the fastest lines and the biggest jumps. You like to dial in your ride, and want the ability to fine-tune your suspension, fit and handling on a bike that makes no compromises.
The tech you get
An OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, 190 mm tunable front and rear FOX Factory air suspension, Bontrager Line DH wheels and proven Shimano Saint drivetrain and brakes. This is a full-on DH racing bike, and it's built so you can refine your set-up for your fastest runs with Mino Link and has an adjustable fixed-angle headset.
The final word
Best frame, best suspension, best parts and fast-rolling 29˝ wheels. This is the only choice if you're a true DH devotee. Session 9.9 is simply the fastest bike on the mountain, even when that mountain is a stop on the World Cup circuit.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- It's like a precision wrecking ball that gives you the confidence to tear down mountains and take the fastest, burliest lines
- The fastest runs demand the most dialled set-up: the air shock and fork on Session 9.9 are adjustable and easy to fine-tune for different tracks
- Mino Link and fixed-angle headset cups let you adjust your geometry for your personal handling requirements
Integrated frame protection
Integrated guards protect top tube from dual-crown fork stanchion impact, and down tube from trail debris. The down tube guard is removable, allowing riders to shed valuable grams on race day, or to replace the guard as necessary.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame and stays, ABP, magnesium EVO Link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, integrated frame protection, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, ISCG mount, 190 mm travel
- Front suspension
- Fox Factory 40 FIT Grip2, air spring, Kashima Coat, hi/lo speed compression, Boost 110x20 thru axle, 190 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Factory Float X2, high/low speed rebound adjust, high/low speed compression adjust, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 225x70 mm
- Bontrager Line DH 30, Tubeless Ready, Boost 110x20 front, 157x12 rear w/7 speed DH freehub
- Bontrager G5 Team Issue, wire bead, 29x2.50˝
- Shimano Saint, 10 speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Saint M820, Shadow Plus
- Shimano Saint M825, 36T w/MRP G4 carbon chainguide
- Bottom bracket
- Shimano SM-BB80, 83 mm
- Shimano CS-5700, 11-25, 10-speed
- KMC X10
- Wellgo MG-1, magnesium body, Cro-Mo axle, replaceable pins
- Bontrager Arvada, austenite rails
- Bontrager Rhythm Elite, 31.6 mm, 0 mm offset
- Bontrager Line Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35 mm, 15 mm rise, 820 mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line Pro Direct Mount, 35 mm clamp, 50 mm length
- Head set
- FSA Orbit, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom (includes geometry-adjust angled cups)
- Brake set
- Shimano Saint M820 hydraulic disc
- M - 15.65 kg / 34.5 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
154.0 - 167.0 cm
5'0.6" - 5'5.7"
72.0 - 78.0 cm
28.3" - 30.7"
164.0 - 177.0 cm
5'4.6" - 5'9.7"
77.0 - 83.0 cm
30.3" - 32.7"
174.0 - 187.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'1.6"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
185.0 - 197.0 cm
6'0.8" - 6'5.6"
87.0 - 93.0 cm
34.3" - 36.6"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|