It's right for you if...
Every ride is recess. You've graduated Mountain Biking 101, and now want a real trail bike you can throw around—one that's not shy about trying new lines, leaving the ground, and clearing obstacles. You want a solid parts group and a durable frame, and you want it at a great value.
The tech you get
A durable and lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame, 160mm RockShox Yari RC fork, and 150mm of rear travel. Plus, a 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain, SRAM Level T hydraulic disc brakes, a dropper post, and Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub for fast engagement.
The final word
The frame is trustworthy and the parts are solid. But what really makes this bike great is that it handles and rides like a bike that costs twice as much. That's because it's designed the same way as our top-end Remedy: for a playful ride you can count on when the trail gets rowdy.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Remedy 7 combines an ultra-capable frame and shock with tough, no-fuss parts that keep the stoke high and the cost low
- 29er wheels are great for other people, but 27.5˝ wheels are livelier and more fun on rugged trails
- The shifter-style, underbar remote dropper post lever is super intuitive and easy to use
Alpha Platinum Aluminum
Our premium lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, down tube guard, ISCG 05, 150mm travel
- RockShox Yari RC, DebonAir, Motion Control RC damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, 160mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RL, 230x57.5mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips and valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 27.5x2.60˝
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX Eagle
- SRAM NX Eagle DUB, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92mm
- SRAM XG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed
- SRAM NX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada
- Dropper post, 31.6mm, internal routing
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 780mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, Knock Block, 31.8mm clamp, 0 degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- SRAM Level T hydraulic disc
- M - 14.51 kg / 32 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorized Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|