It's right for you if...
You believe mountain biking isn't about racing or showing off. It's about the experience of being out there in the rough, wonderful wild. For you, every ride is both a battle against nature and an appreciation of it. There's a whole lot of beauty in dirt, rocks, and roots. Trails don't need to be perfectly sculpted to be enjoyed.
The tech you get
We call it a frameset, but it's a lot more than that! An Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame with a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness in the rough, a headset and Bontrager Line 35mm stem with Knock Block integration to protect the frame against spinning bars, and a Fox Float rear shock with 130mm of travel and Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv damper.
The final word
This is a new breed of performance backcountry trail bike. If you love seeking out the untamed trails in the wild and discovering new lines while ripping bikepacking adventures, Full Stache is your dream ride. It's like that one friend who's always egging you on to go a little farther, because there's bound to be something epic right over the next ridge or at the bottom of the next valley.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Build it up exactly the way you want, for exactly your kind of adventure, but be sure to follow these requirements: minimum tire width: 29x2.6˝, recommended axle-to-race: 550mm (560mm/140mm travel max), maximum chainring size: 34 teeth
- This bike was born for adventure in the wild outback, where capability isn't just something that's nice to have but an absolute essential
- Super short chainstays make Full Stache surprisingly agile, even with its 29+ wheels
29+ is a wider 3" tyre that grips relentlessly while floating over terrain. Yet it delivers all the 29er benefits that you know and love, like greater momentum and improved rollover.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
Alpha Platinum Aluminum
Our premium lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, down tube guard, G2 Geometry, 130mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float EVOL, RE:aktiv 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x52.5mm
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, Knock Block, 31.8mm, 0 degree, 60mm length
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- 17.5˝ - 3.56 kg / 7.84 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorized Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|