It's right for you if...
You're after that one holy grail mountain bike build that you can ride on any trail with any ride partners, from XC racers to all-mountain shredders. You want the best all-around trail bike frame we offer, because you know a high-quality frame is the ticket to faster, bigger rides.
The tech you get
A lightweight OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with full carbon stays, 130mm of travel, and Mino Link adjustable geometry. Includes a FOX Factory shock with Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft damper, Bontrager Line Pro stem, and Knock Block headset that prevents damage to the frame from spinning handlebars and fork crown. Built for PF92 bottom bracket, 29˝ or 27.5+ wheels, and a 130mm or 140mm fork.
The final word
A full OCLV Mountain Carbon frame and FOX Factory shock give you a major head start on a build that will be the envy of all other trail bikes. Fuel EX C is a frameset that excels in all styles of mountain biking, and it's the best all-around option for riders who want a single versatile, high-performance ride that rips it up on every trail.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- A full OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame a stays make for a ride that's light on the climbs and trail-tough on rough descents
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- It doesn't box itself into a category: Fuel EX brings trail bike plushness with an XC race bike feel for our most versatile mountain bike whip
- It's great for riders who don't want to do just one kind of mountain biking, but want to explore everything from XC marathons to epic descents
- Internal cable routing and Control Freak Cable Management make it easy to spec with quality trail bike tech, like a dropper post
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone's.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame & stays, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, PF92, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 130mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Factory Float EVOL, RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft 3-position damper, Kashima Coat, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x52.5mm
- Bontrager Line Pro, Knock Block, 35mm clamp, 0 degree, 60mm length
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- M - 2.54 kg / 5.6 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorized Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 166.5 cm
5'0.2" - 5'5.6"
72.0 - 79.0 cm
28.3" - 31.1"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
165.5 - 179.0 cm
5'5.2" - 5'10.5"
77.0 - 84.0 cm
30.3" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|