It's right for you if...
You want one high-performance bike that excels on every trail, and you want it at a great value. You expect your bike handle a variety of challenges, including rocky descents, long climbs, fast corners, and gaps.
The tech you get
A capable and stiff Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame, 140mm RockShox 35 Gold fork with a plush DebonAir spring, and 130mm of rear travel with a FOX Performance Float shock. and a 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain with a wide range of gearing for climbs. Plus, Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels and a dropper post.
The final word
Fuel EX 7 is a great all-around trail bike for a wide variety of terrain. It has upgrades where it matters most, like in the SRAM 1x12 drivetrain, suspension, and Tubeless Ready Bontrager wheels.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- It’s an awesome trail bike with upgraded parts that you won’t outgrow right away as your skills progress
- You’re getting a high-value trail bike that’s great for both marathon races and everyday singletrack riding
- The dropper post lets you lower your saddle on the fly so it's out of the way on descents
- Wide Line Comp 30 wheels provide more tire support so you get better traction and control
- We expanded our size range to ensure a better fit for all riders. And, you get the fastest wheel that fits your frame: XS frames get 27.5˝ wheels, S frames get to choose between 27.5˝ or 29˝, and sizes M to XL get 29˝ wheels
Will my bike have a curved top tube?
Smaller frames (XS and S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. Larger frames (M and up) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
Alpha Platinum Aluminum
Our premium lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, ISCG 05, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 130mm travel
- RockShox 35 Gold, DebonAir spring, Motion Control damper, tapered steerer, 44mm offset, Boost110, 15mm Maxle Stealth, 140mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float EVOL, 3-position DPS damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x55mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 120 tpi
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX Eagle
- SRAM NX Eagle, DUB, 30T steel ring, Boost
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB, 92mm, PressFit
- SRAM PG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Bontrager Arvada, steel rails
- TranzX JD-YSP18, 130mm travel, internal routing, 31.6mm
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mm, Knock Block, 0 degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano hydraulic disc, MT401 lever, MT400 caliper
- M - 15.05 kg / 33.19 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorized Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
137.0 - 155.0 cm
4'5.9" - 5'1.0"
64.0 - 73.0 cm
25.2" - 28.7"
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|