It's right for you if...
You're a regular on the lifts and at the bike park. You're looking for a playful, versatile, durable DH rig with proven performance and a park-ready geometry, and want a lot of tech for your money.
The tech you get
An Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame, 200mm/210mm RockShox front and rear suspension with an adjustable air fork, Bontrager Line DH wheels, SRAM Guide R brakes, and a DH-specific SRAM GX 7-speed drivetrain. Race, rip, ride. This bike does it all.
The final word
Fast, durable, agile, and stable. Session 8 is fully capable of taking on the gnarliest descents, the biggest jumps, and the burliest trails. It's a versatile, confidence-inspiring ride with the best in DH tech and a geometry that's not so low and long that it doesn't play nice at the park.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Session 8 has the heart of a monster truck: it rolls over everything, gives you the confidence to take on rougher trails, and saves you when you don't take the right line
- The RockShox suspension paired with our ABP frame design is made to keep you in control
- The durable, DH-specific 7-speed drivetrain keeps things simple, so you can focus on shredding and getting rad
Alpha Platinum Aluminum
Our premium lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Integrated frame protection
Integrated guards protect top tube from dual-crown fork stanchion impact, and down tube from trail debris. The down tube guard is removable, allowing riders to shed valuable grams on race day, or to replace the guard as necessary.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP, Full Floater, EVO Link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, integrated frame protection, internal control routing, MicroTruss, down tube guard, ISCG Mount, 210mm travel
- RockShox BoXXer RC Air, low speed compression, internal preload, Motion Control IS, 20mm Maxle DH, 200mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance VAN, externally adjustable rebound and low-speed compression; (S 400lb; M 450lb; L 500lb; XL 500lb spring), tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 8.75x2.75˝
- Bontrager Line DH 30, Tubeless Ready, Boost 110x20 front, 157x12 rear w/7 speed DH freehub
- Bontrager G4 Team Issue, 27.5x2.35˝
- SRAM GX DH, 7 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX DH, Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Descendant, 36T w/MRP G4 chainguide
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM GXP TM, 83mm
- SRAM PG-720, 11-25, 7 speed
- SRAM PC-1110
- Wellgo BO-87B, alloy body, Cro-Mo axle, replaceable pins
- Bontrager Arvada, hollow chromoly rails
- Bontrager Rhythm Elite, 31.6mm, 0mm offset
- Bontrager Line, 35mm, 27.5mm rise, 780 width
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line Pro Direct Mount, 35mm clamp, 50mm length
- Head set
- FSA Orbit, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc
- M - 17.01 kg / 37.5 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorized Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
154.0 - 167.0 cm
5'0.6" - 5'5.7"
72.0 - 78.0 cm
28.3" - 30.7"
164.0 - 177.0 cm
5'4.6" - 5'9.7"
77.0 - 83.0 cm
30.3" - 32.7"
174.0 - 187.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'1.6"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
185.0 - 197.0 cm
6'0.8" - 6'5.6"
87.0 - 93.0 cm
34.3" - 36.6"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|