It's right for you if...
Whether you ride every day or are just looking to get out and ride more, the Townie Go! 5i is up your alley. This new and improved version of one of our best-selling e-bikes helps you enhance your lifestyle and remove boundaries. Go farther, go faster and go funner.
The tech you get
Powered by the Bosch Active Plus System with a 250W mid-frame motor and 4 mode levels of support - Eco, Tour, Sport and Turbo - no hill or distance will stand in your way. The new Shimano Nexus Inter-5E hub is designed for e-bike motors, making it easier to control your output and battery life.
The final word
The Townie Go! 5i offers the best smileage in its class and features our patented Flat Foot Technology®, which provides absolute comfort and control. Studies show that e-bike riders ride three times more often and three times longer than traditional bike riders. So what are you waiting for? Get out and Go!
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- This ride is streamlined and ready for customizations. Add a bag, basket or bell to make it your own.
- The PowerPack 400 battery and 4 AMP charger charges quickly go keep you going.
- Changing gears is intuitive and easy, even while pedaling uphill, so you can focus on the fun.
- The 26" puncture-resistant Schwalbe balloon tires are comfy and smooth.
- Color-matched fenders keep you clean while front and rear LED lighting keep you safe.
- A MIK rear rack helps carry everything you need with ease and style.
Flat Foot Technology®
Flat Foot Technology® has been awarded not one, but two patents. Yeah, kind of a big deal. You really need to ride an Electra to feel it, but the overall benefit is comfort and control. It provides an upright, relaxed seating position with proper leg extension that allows you to plant your feet flat on the ground whenever you want or need to.
ABUS Ring Lock
Secure your ride with this frame-mounted lock near the rear tire. Grocery shop or hit the gym with the comfort of knowing your Electra is safe and sound.
Bosch Active Line Plus
Quiet. Smooth. Reliable. The Bosch Active Line Plus 250-watt motor gives you the confidence to charge up hills and go the distance while reaching assisted speeds up to 20 mph (25 km/h). Four power levels from Eco to Turbo ensure you'll have a blast riding around town or to the next town over.
Bosch PowerPack 400
The premium Bosch lithium-ion battery features 400 Wh and a guaranteed long lifespan. It charges to 50% in 1.5 hours and completely charges in 3.5 hours. The battery is also easy to remove and take with you for off-bike charging so you'll be ready to roll at a moment's notice.
Bosch Purion Display
Do it all with the touch of a button, or two. The Bosch Purion display keeps tabs on your speed and battery charge, and lets you choose your power support level from Eco to Turbo while keeping your hands safely on the handlebars.
Equipped, or "EQ" as we say at Electra, simply means your ride comes with some sweet added benefits. Color-matched fenders keep you clean and dry while front and rear LED lights help you see and be seen.
Ergonomic Saddle & Grips
In addition to the pedals, the saddle and grips are the only places you come in direct contact with your bike. Your comfort is our number one priority.
Hydraulic Disc Brakes
Hydraulic disc brakes are pretty much the king of brakes. Controlled by a hand lever and fluid within the cable, these bad boys are super responsive and allow you to stop with supreme efficiency.
Internal Cable Routing
Who wants to see a bunch of wires and cables hanging off of your bike? This isn't the back of your TV we're talking about. That's why we've concealed all of your wires and cables inside the bike's frame.
Internal Gear System
Internal or i refers to a system that houses all the gears inside a weatherproof rear hub. Internal multi-speed hubs are available in 3, 5 or 7-speeds and have wider gear ratios. Internal gear systems are low-maintenance, easy-to-use and allow you to change gears without pedaling or even standing still. It's not magic, it's engineering.
These Kevlar® Guard puncture-resistant tires absorb impact and ensure a smooth ride across any terrain. You never know what the road, boardwalk, alley or trail has in store, and these tires let you roll faster and farther without the worry of getting a flat.
Balance and efficiency are the name of the game. That's why we placed the motor on the bottom bracket in between the pedals, providing ultimate stability and control with a lower center of gravity while riding.
Our MIK compatible racks make it a piece of cake to secure any MIK accessory. Click it on . . . and you're off.
Shimano Nexus Inter-5E Internal Hub
Specifically designed for e-bike motors, the Shimano 5-speed internal rear hub makes it easier than ever to control your output and battery life. This low-maintenance, easy-to-use system allows for seamless shifting even as you climb steep hills.
- 6061-T6 aluminum w/patented Flat Foot Technology®
- Hi-ten steel unicrown, straight/tapered leg
- Front hub
- Alloy low-flange w/center lock disc brake 36h
- Rear hub
- Shimano Nexus inter-5E 5-speed internal w/center lock disc brake, 36h
- Painted or anodized alloy 26"×36h
- Schwalbe Fat Frank 26×2.35" balloon w/puncture resistant Kevlar® guard casing
- Shimano Nexus 5-speed twist w/optical display
- Forged alloy 170mm, Bosch type, 38t FSA chainring
- Shimano 30t
- KMC Z1EHX nickel plated
- Alloy platform w/non-slip rubber tread
- Ergonomic w/shock-absorbing elastomers
- Alloy micro-adjust 27.2x350mm
- Alloy custom bend 25.9" width/4" rise
- Ergo-shaped hand-stitched leatherette
- Forged alloy 25.4mm quill, 80mm extension
- Head set
- 1 1/8" steel threaded/semi-integrated
- Brake set
- Front/rear: Tektro hydraulic disc brakes
- Rotor size
- Front/rear: 180mm
- Bosch PowerPack 400 includes 4 AMP charger
- Bosch Purion
- Bosch Active Line Plus, 250 watts
- Front light
- Spanninga LED
- Rear light
- Spanninga LED
- ABUS frame lock, reflective battery decal, painted chainguard, internal cable routing, and stainless steel and anti-rust hardware
- 25 kg / 55 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & Tech
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local retailer.
149.9 - 185.4 cm
4'11.0" - 6'1.0"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|