It's right for you if...
You see the open road as your path to anywhere. You measure rides with a calendar, not a stopwatch.
The tech you get
A road-smoothing chromoly steel frame, alloy disc touring fork with a ThruSkew captured quick release skewer, wide-range 27-speed drivetrain that's great for hauling a heavy load up hills, Shimano Sora brake/shift levers, Bontrager Tubeless Ready wheels with puncture-resistant tires, included front and rear racks, and all-weather mechanical disc brakes.
The final word
520 is a comfortable steel workhorse that's capable of everything from daily rides to expedition tours. It's ready for adventure right out of the box, with an included front and rear rack and a drivetrain that's ideal for hauling a heavy load.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- If you want to see the world from the saddle of a bike, the 520 is for you.
- Extra water bottle mounts, Trek's new Thru-Skew QR system, an awesome new front rack, and the convenience of STI shifting with all the gears you need.
- A bike full of touring innovation, made out of stuff you can find anywhere on your travels so nothing stops your adventure.
- All-weather disc brakes and puncture-resistant tires give you the confidence to take on bigger adventures in any conditions
- It's the longest-running model in our lineup, and we've kept it around so long because it's one of the best-loved, too
Low touring mounts
Touring-specific mounts stabilise loads for multi-day trips, with no additional hardware required.
Racks make commuting and hauling a practical reality, so it’s easier to go by bike.
Tubeless Ready rims
Bontrager TLR (Tubeless Ready) Road is the first fully integrated tubeless system for the road. No tubes mean there’s no pinch flats, allowing you to run lower tire pressure. With lower tire pressure you can increase traction, control. and comfort, reduce fatigue on you. Best of all, the tire sealant seals up punctures as soon as they happen!
Tough Bontrager Hard-Case tires help keep flats from slowing you down.
Super-strong 36-hole rims give 520 a stout foundation for miles and miles of fully loaded riding.
Reliable Shimano shifting
Dura-Ace bar end shifters, ultra-durable Deore LX derailleurs, and a Shimano M543 Trekking crank add up to the highest-value touring combination available.
Rack & fender ready
Built-in mounts make it easy to add racks and fenders for added versatility.
Bombproof butted Platinum Series frame with a steel-smooth ride.
We've spent more than three decades perfecting the 520 geometry to suit the heavy loads and high miles of multi-day touring.
- Trek butted chromoly disc touring, rack & fender mounts
- Alloy disc touring fork w/lowrider mounts and Thru-skew captured skewer system
- Front hub
- Shimano M475
- Rear hub
- Shimano M475
- Bontrager Affinity, Tubeless Ready, 36h
- Bontrager H1 Hard-case Ultimate, 700x38c w/reflective sidewall
- Shimano Sora, 9 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Sora, 34.9mm clamp-type
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Alivio 9 speed, Shadow Design
- Shimano Alivio, 2-piece, 48X36X26T w/chain guard
- Shimano HG200, 11-36, 9 speed
- KMC X9
- Wellgo nylon body w/alloy cage, toe-clip/strap
- Bontrager Evoke 1.5
- Bontrager SSR, 2-bolt head, 27.2mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager Comp VR-C, 31.8mm
- Bontrager tape
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, w/computer & light mounts
- Head set
- 1-1/8˝ threadless, sealed cartridge bearings
- Brake set
- TRP Spyre C 2.0 mechanical disc
- 57 - 14.26 kg / 31.44 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 275 pounds (125 kg).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorized Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
158.0 - 163.0 cm
5'2.2" - 5'4.2"
74.0 - 77.0 cm
29.1" - 30.3"
162.0 - 168.0 cm
5'3.8" - 5'6.1"
76.0 - 79.0 cm
29.9" - 31.1"
167.0 - 174.0 cm
5'5.7" - 5'8.5"
78.0 - 82.0 cm
30.7" - 32.3"
173.0 - 180.0 cm
5'8.1" - 5'10.9"
81.0 - 85.0 cm
31.9" - 33.5"
184.0 - 191.0 cm
6'0.4" - 6'3.2"
86.0 - 90.0 cm
33.9" - 35.4"
190.0 - 197.0 cm
6'2.8" - 6'5.6"
89.0 - 93.0 cm
35.0" - 36.6"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|