It's right for you if...
You’re looking for a long-travel carbon e-MTB with high-performance parts. You crave the responsiveness of carbon, the plush feel of high-end suspension, and would rather get all the good stuff now than have to upgrade down the line.
The tech you get
A light and durable OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame with alloy stays that fully encases a 625Wh battery for sleek looks and protection on the trail, a 160mm RockShox Lyrik Select Plus fork with Charger 2.1 RC damper, 150mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe RT3 shock with Trek's RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft damper, a powerful new Bosch Performance Line CX 250W motor that assists up to 20 mph, and a Purion controller. A 1x12 Shimano XT drivetrain, Bontrager Line Elite dropper post, 4-piston brakes, a carbon handlebar, and Bontrager Line Comp 30 29er wheels with Bontrager SE5 Team Issue tires.
The final word
This bike features across-the-board upgrades that make it a seriously capable high-performance ripper. It's built for hammering gnarly descents, then flying right back up again thanks to the powerful Bosch drive system.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter, and more efficient. It feels more natural while you’re pedaling, and has less drag when you’re not
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain—no shuttle or lift necessary
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness, and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
New Bosch Performance Line CX
The all-new Bosch Performance Line CX motor is lighter, smaller, and quieter than previous versions, for cleaner integration and more nimble handling. It's also more efficient so you can go farther on a single battery charge. Use the intelligent eMTB mode to automatically adjust the amount of assist to match the terrain. It's a set-and-forget mode that delivers just the right amount of power so you can focus on enjoying the ride.
Removable Integrated Battery
RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It’s the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security, or just easier charging.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame & stays, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, magnesium rocker link, Motor Armor, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 12mm thru axle, 150mm travel
- RockShox Lyrik Select+, DebonAir spring, Charger 2.1 RC damper, e-MTB optimized, tapered steerer, 42mm offset, Boost110, 15mm Maxle Stealth, 160mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RT3, DebonAir spring, RE:aktiv w/Thru Shaft damper, 230x57.5mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Shimano MicroSpline freehub, Boost 110 front, Boost 148 rear
- Bontrager SE5 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Core Strength sidewall, aramid bead, 60 tpi, 29x2.60"
- Shimano XT M8100, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano XT M8100, Shadow Plus, long cage, 51T max cog
- Ethirteen Race Alloy, 36T
- Shimano XT M8100, 10-51, 12 speed
- Shimano XT M8100, 12 speed
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada, austenite rails, 138mm width
- Bontrager Line Elite Dropper, internal routing, 31.6mm
- Bontrager Line Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35mm, 27.5mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line Pro, 35mm, Knock Block, 0 degree
- Knock Block Integrated, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8'' top, 1.5'' bottom
- Shimano SLX M7120 4-piston hydraulic disc
- Bosch PowerTube 625
- Bosch Purion
- NEW Bosch Performance CX, magnesium motor body, 250 watt, 75 Nm, 20 mph max assist
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Stem length|