It's right for you if...
You're looking for a fun, quality bike that is both comfortable and stylish. Or maybe it's your first time riding since being a kid. Or you just want to get outside on two wheels more. With our patented Flat Foot Technology®, you’ll experience the comfort and control of our unique frame geometry in great colors to choose from.
The tech you get
Shimano Revo twist shifter provides a smooth transition through 7 gears, allowing you to climb hills with ease. Linear-pull brakes control deceleration for easy stopping and Schwalbe Big Apple 24" tires roll smooth for a cushy ride. Internal cable routing, water bottle mounts and platform pedals round out the ride.
The final word
The Townie® 7D continues to be the best-selling bike in the U.S. for a reason. Once you ride a Townie everything else is just a bike. It provides the utmost in comfort, style and quality. Take a test ride and feel the Electra difference. With a variety of bold colors to choose from and features that will help you go the distance, the Townie Collection offers something for everyone.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Schwalbe Big Apple 24" tires with a puncture-resistant casing roll smooth and stable over most surfaces.
- Linear-pull brakes help control your roll with easy-stopping.
- Enjoy the ride on our cushy, ergonomic and shock absorbent elastomer saddle.
- Enjoy as-is, or personalize your ride with Electra accessories and make it your own with fenders, a basket or bell.
You might also like
Flat Foot Technology®
Flat Foot Technology® has been awarded not one, but two patents. Yeah, kind of a big deal. You really need to ride an Electra to feel it, but the overall benefit is comfort and control. It provides an upright, relaxed seating position with proper leg extension that allows you to plant your feet flat on the ground whenever you want or need to.
Alloy Linear-Pull Brakes
These easy-to-use, low-maintenance brakes stop by the force of friction powered by squeezing the brake lever and therefore the wheel's rim. Thanks, physics.
Derailleur Gear System
Derailleur or "D" refers to an external shifting mechanism. It consists of a chain, multiple precision sprockets and a derailleur to "derail" the chain from one sprocket to another. It allows for quick transitions and more gearing options. Just remember to pedal while shifting and you're good to go!
Ergonomic Saddle & Grips
In addition to the pedals, the saddle and grips are the only places you come in direct contact with your bike. Your comfort is our number one priority.
Internal Cable Routing
Who wants to see a bunch of wires and cables hanging off of your bike? This isn't the back of your TV we're talking about. That's why we've concealed all of your wires and cables inside the bike's frame.
- Townie 6061-T6 aluminum w/ patented Flat Foot Technology®
- High-tensile steel unicrown, straight/tapered leg
- Front hub
- Shimano Nexus Dynamo 32h
- Rear hub
- Alloy low flange 32h w/ QR
- Double-wall alloy 24" / 26" × 32h painted w/ machined sidewalls (select models)
- Schwalbe Big Apple 24" x 2.00" w/puncture-resistant Kevlar® guard casing and reflective stripe
- Shimano Revo 7-speed twist w/ optical gear display
- Front derailleur
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Tourney TX-35 7-speed
- Forged alloy 160 mm w/ steel 44t chainring/double chainguards
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge 68 mm/118 mm
- Shimano 7-speed 14-34t
- KMC Z7 nickel plated
- Resin platform w/ non-slip tread
- Ergonomic w/ shock-absorbing elastomers
- Alloy 27.2 mm × 350 mm
- Alloy custom bend 25.9" width/4" rise
- Electra hand-stitched
- Forged alloy 25.4 mm quill, 80 mm extension
- 1 1/8" steel threaded, semi-integrated
- Front/rear: cold-forged alloy linear-pull
- Internal cable routing, alloy kickstand, stainless steel and anti-rust hardware
- 14.06 kg / 31 lbs
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
139.7 - 165.1 cm
4'7.0" - 5'5.0"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|