It's right for you if...
You want an incredible performance road bike at a great price. You're looking for a carbon bike with a super smooth ride, and you prefer the lightweight performance of rim brakes.
The tech you get
A 500 Series OCLV Carbon frame with Front and Rear IsoSpeed, powerful direct mount rim brakes and a full 2x11 Shimano 105 groupset. Domane SL 5 also has internal cable routing for clean looks, a Ride Tuned alloy seatmast cap, 700x28 tyres and a stable Endurance Geometry for comfort on the longest days and roughest roads.
The final word
Domane SL 5 is the introductory carbon model in the family, but when you make the small jump in price from aluminium models, you get a big jump in tech, including a much lighter frame, Front and Rear IsoSpeed and a full carbon fork.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- It's a lightweight carbon bike at an exceptional price, with dependable parts that keep the price in check without compromising performance
- It's the most affordable bike with IsoSpeed at both the front and rear
- Domane SL 5 is super versatile and equally suited to racing, club rides and rough roads
- This is the gateway to adventure road riding, so you'd better eat a big breakfast – this bike won't quit until you do
As befits the world’s most advanced endurance racing bikes, we’ve developed the world’s most stable racing geometry. Still racy, but with a slightly higher head tube for better stability and greater comfort throughout the entire ride.
Performance. Stability. Victory. Trek endurance geometry is a triple threat, maximising control, handling and responsiveness through perfectly tuned rider weight bias.
Additional Tyre Clearance
The additional tyre clearance allows the Domane to go where no road bike has gone before. Race, ride, explore.
It's a one-two punch: generous ride-tuned sweep and shape increases compliance for a smoother ride, and unique dropout placement optimises the wheelbase.
Direct brake mount
Direct brake mounts connect directly to the frame to reduce redundant parts and increase overall braking performance.
Performance cable routing
Our sleek, race-optimised cable routing system virtually eliminates friction for the crispest shifting in any conditions. Three years in the making, and well worth the wait.
Power Transfer Construction
Get the most out of every pedal stroke with Power Transfer Construction. This Trek innovation applies more of your pedalling power to the road by optimising the head tube/down tube/bottom bracket/rear wheel connection.
Ride Tuned seatmast
Our no-cut Ride Tuned seatmast is designed for the rigours of pro racing. It's the lightest, most comfortable solution for day-in, day-out performance and comfort, however rough the roads or hard the riding.
Mudguard mounts allow for full-coverage mudguards so you can ride comfortably in less-than-ideal conditions.
- 500 Series OCLV Carbon, Front & Rear IsoSpeed, tapered head tube, BB90, direct mount rim brakes, internal cable routing, hidden mudguard mounts, 3S chain keeper, DuoTrap S compatible, Ride Tuned seatmast
- Domane carbon, carbon steerer, direct mount brakes
- Front hub
- Rear hub
- Bontrager Affinity Tubeless Ready
- Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x28c
- Max tyre size
- 28 c Bontrager tyres (with at least 4 mm of clearance to frame)
- Shimano 105, 11 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano 105, braze-on
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano 105
- Shimano 105, 50/34 (compact)
- Bottom bracket
- Shimano 105 11-34, 11 speed
- Shimano 105
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada Comp, steel rails
- Bontrager Ride Tuned seatmast cap, 10 mm offset
- Bontrager Comp VR-C, 31.8 mm
- Bontrager tape
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, w/computer and light mounts
- Head set
- Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano 105 direct mount
- 56cm - 9.04 kg / 19.93 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 125 kg (275 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
157.0 - 164.0 cm
5'1.8" - 5'4.6"
74.0 - 77.0 cm
29.1" - 30.3"
162.0 - 169.0 cm
5'3.8" - 5'6.5"
76.0 - 79.0 cm
29.9" - 31.1"
167.0 - 174.0 cm
5'5.7" - 5'8.5"
78.0 - 82.0 cm
30.7" - 32.3"
173.0 - 180.0 cm
5'8.1" - 5'10.9"
81.0 - 85.0 cm
31.9" - 33.5"
179.0 - 186.0 cm
5'10.5" - 6'1.2"
84.0 - 87.0 cm
33.1" - 34.3"
184.0 - 191.0 cm
6'0.4" - 6'3.2"
86.0 - 90.0 cm
33.9" - 35.4"
189.0 - 196.0 cm
6'2.4" - 6'5.2"
89.0 - 92.0 cm
35.0" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Saddle rail height minimum (w/short mast)||Saddle rail height maximum (w/tall mast)|