It's right for you if...
You ride because riding is fun, and you don't want to fuss with a full-suspension rig. You prioritise solid, dependable parts over the latest high-priced gadget, and want a bike you can take anywhere, from gravel bikepacking adventures to marathon singletrack days to gnarly, rocky routes.
The tech you get
An Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame with innovative features like an elevated midstay, Stranglehold dropouts and Boost hub spacing for tons of tyre clearance.The wide 3˝ tyres mounted to 50mm SUNringlé rims deliver unbelievable traction, but are still spry enough to pop off jumps and scramble up climbs. Plus, it has a Shimano Deore 1x10 drivetrain with hydraulic disc brakes, a Manitou Machete 32 Comp fork with 120mm of travel and a dropper post.
The final word
Stache 5 is an absolute blast. The short chainstays deliver a lively ride and quick acceleration, while the mid-fat tyres grip loose terrain relentlessly and steamroll over obstacles. It's built with solid components that will hold up for all the good times on the trail.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Stache is super versatile and equally at home on multi-day bikepacking trips as it is on rough singletrack
- The super-short chainstays make it really easy to show off your wheelie skills
- This model gives you most of the performance of the higher-end models for much less money
- Traction satisfaction: the mid-fat tyres immediately make you a more confident and capable rider
- We're not the only ones who love it: DirtRag says, '[Stache] is the most fun bike I rode this year, and fun is where it's at.'
29+ is a wider 3" tyre that grips relentlessly while floating over terrain. Yet it delivers all the 29er benefits that you know and love, like greater momentum and improved rollover.
How do you fit a 29" tyre without elongating the wheelbase? Elevate the drive-side chainstay up and out of the way.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
Dropper post internal routing
Not ready for an internally routed dropper post now, but want to keep your options open? Select frames are equipped with the proper entry and exit points to accommodate internal routing for a Stealth seat post.
Internal derailleur routing
Sleek ports at the head tube and near the seat tube let you route your derailleur cables through the frame to keep your bike running smooth and clean.
Alpha Platinum Aluminium
Our premium lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, Boost148, Midstay, tapered head tube, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, Stranglehold dropouts, G2 Geometry
- Front suspension
- Manitou Machete 32 Comp, air spring, ABS damper, lockout, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, 120mm travel
- Front hub
- Bontrager alloy, Boost110
- Rear hub
- Bontrager alloy, Boost148
- SUNringlé Duroc 50 SL 28-hole, tubeless strips and valves included
- Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 29x3.00˝
- Shimano Deore M6000, 10-speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore M6000, Shadow Plus
- FSA Gamma Pro, 28T
- Bottom bracket
- Shimano HG50, 11-42, 10-speed
- KMC X10
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada
- Dropper post, 31.6 mm, internal routing
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise, 750 mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8 mm clamp, 0-degree
- Head set
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc
- M – 13.38 kg/29.5 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|