It's right for you if...
What's Strava? You don't care, because you measure your rides in smiles. You're looking for a fun hardtail with a spec that won't quit. You want a bike you can throw around corners, power up climbs and manoeuvre down tricky descents without ever leaving your line.
The tech you get
The Roscoe 9 features an Alpha Gold Aluminium frame, a RockShox Recon 120 mm fork with beefier legs that won't flex when the trail gets rough and a Shimano SLX/XT 1x11 drivetrain with an extra-low 46-tooth gear. Plus, it has Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, a dropper post, and a wide handlebar and short stem for more control.
The final word
The Roscoe 9 is the best bike in the Roscoe family, and it isn't afraid to get gnarly with its wide tyres and beefy suspension fork. It caters to trail riders who value dependable performance on a 27.5+ bike that they can just hop on and rip up the trail.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- It's more fun to be a better rider: Roscoe is so stable and forgiving, it's like an instant ability upgrade
- Even when the trail gets rough, the wide 27.5x2.8˝ tyres can deliver confidence, traction and stability
- The RockShox Recon fork has more robust 32 mm stanchions for more precise steering
- The shifter-style, underbar remote dropper post lever is super intuitive and easy to use
Alpha Gold Aluminium
Our high-performance lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted, and formed into manipulated tube shapes to balance strength and save weight.
Dropper post internal routing
Not ready for an internally routed dropper post now, but want to keep your options open? Select frames are equipped with the proper entry and exit points to accommodate internal routing for a Stealth seat post.
Locked suspension means your fork remains inactive, increasing pedalling efficiency. Perfect for extended road sections where efficiency is more important than bump absorption.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
Extended size range
A wider range of sizes than the industry standard provides more options for everyone, from tallest to shortest and all those in between. Because everyone deserves a great ride.
- Alpha Gold Aluminium, E2 tapered head tube, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, rack and kickstand mount, Boost141, G2 Geometry
- RockShox Recon, Solo Air, TurnKey lockout, rebound, E2 tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset, Boost110, 120 mm travel (13.5: 100 mm travel)
- Front hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, alloy axle, Boost110
- Rear hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, Boost141
- SUNringlé Duroc 40 SL 28-hole, tubeless strips and valves sold separately
- Schwalbe Rocket Ron Performance, tubeless, aramid bead, 27.5x2.80˝
- Shimano SLX M7000, 11-speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore XT M8000, Shadow Plus
- Race Face Aeffect, 28T Direct Mount Narrow-Wide
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- Shimano SLX M7000, 11-46, 11-speed
- KMC X11-1
- Wellgo nylon platform
- Bontrager Evoke 1.5
- Dropper post, Bontrager lever, 31.6 mm, internal routing
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise
- Bontrager Race Lite, lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8 mm, 0-degree
- Head set
- Semi-integrated, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano M365 hydraulic disc
- M - 13.52 kg / 29.80 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
137.0 - 155.0 cm
4'5.9" - 5'1.0"
64.0 - 73.0 cm
25.2" - 28.7"
153.0 - 166.5 cm
5'0.2" - 5'5.6"
72.0 - 79.0 cm
28.3" - 31.1"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
165.5 - 179.0 cm
5'5.2" - 5'10.5"
77.0 - 84.0 cm
30.3" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|