It's right for you if...
You like the responsiveness of an aluminium frame, and would rather spend your money on better components than a full carbon frame. You want a ride that's lightweight and responsive, with an IsoSpeed decoupler and carbon seatpost, so you can pedal over rough spots with comfort and ease.
The tech you get
A durable and light Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame with IsoSpeed, Shimano Deore XT/SLX 2x11 drivetrain, Race Face Next R carbon crank, Shimano M500 hydraulic disc brakes and an advanced RockShox Reba RL fork with Motion Control damper and a remote lockout. Plus, Boost 148/110 Duster Elite wheels and additional lightweight parts, like a Bontrager Pro OCLV Carbon seatpost and Montrose Comp saddle.
The final word
This is hands down the best aluminium hardtail we make. You're getting Trek's highest-grade Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame, the unique advantage of trail-smoothing IsoSpeed, a full-on race-worthy spec, a carbon crank and the kind of quality suspension that can hold its own on the World Cup XC circuit.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The IsoSpeed decoupler makes it ride smoother than any other hardtail, so your body doesn't get beaten up by trail chatter
- You're putting your money into the parts that make a big difference in performance: an advanced frame, carbon crank and quality RockShox suspension
- The carbon crank saves a lot of weight, and it's super responsive when you're putting the hammer down on a climb
- Ride the fastest wheel that fits with Smart Wheel Size
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Alpha Platinum Aluminium
Our premium lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Handlebar-mounted controls let you lock out your suspension on the fly as you switch terrains.
Extended size range
A wider range of sizes than the industry standard provides more options for everyone, from tallest to shortest and all those in between. Because everyone deserves a great ride.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone else's.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, IsoSpeed, E2 tapered head tube, internal derailleur routing, balanced post mount brake, PF92, Boost148, G2 Geometry on 29ers
- RockShox Reba RL, Solo Air spring, Motion Control remote lockout, E2 tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset on 29ers, Boost110, 100 mm travel (13.5: 80 mm travel)
- Bontrager Duster Elite 23, Tubeless Ready, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.20˝ (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- Shimano SLX M7000, 11-speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano SLX M7020
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore XT M8000, Shadow Plus
- Race Face Next R, 36/26
- Bottom bracket
- Shimano SLX M7000, 11-42, 11-speed
- KMC X11-1
- Not included
- Bontrager Montrose Comp, chromoly rails
- Bontrager Pro, OCLV Carbon, 31.6 mm, 5 mm offset
- Bontrager Race Lite, 31.8 mm, 5 mm rise, 720 mm width
- Bontrager Race Lite, lock-on
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree
- Head set
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano MT500 hydraulic disc
- M - 11.79 kg / 26.00 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 166.5 cm
5'0.2" - 5'5.6"
72.0 - 79.0 cm
28.3" - 31.1"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
165.5 - 179.0 cm
5'5.2" - 5'10.5"
77.0 - 84.0 cm
30.3" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|