It's right for you if...
You're a commuter or fitness rider who refuses to let a little foul weather ruin your time in the saddle. You're looking for a versatile, comfortable bike with quality parts that will perform on longer rides – even when you stray from the road to rougher surfaces like rail trails.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminium frame and FX carbon fork, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes for all-weather stopping power, a Shimano Acera/Alivio drivetrain with 27 speeds and a wide range of gears for hills, a Bontrager Satellite Plus IsoZone handlebar and ergonomic grips for comfort on long rides and uneven terrain, extra mounts for accessories like a rack and mudguards, and puncture-resistant Bontrager H2 Hard-case Lite tyres.
The final word
FX 3 Disc is a commuter if you want it to be, a fitness bike when you feel like working out and a cruiser when you're riding the neighbourhood with your family. What really makes this model stand out are the upgraded hydraulic disc brakes, which are smoother than mechanical disc brakes and deliver incredible stopping power in muddy and rainy conditions.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Weather? What weather? Hydraulic disc brakes let you stop on a penny and ask for change, even in the rain and mud
- Road bike speed and hybrid bike versatility in one performance package
- It's versatile and does whatever you want it to do, whether that's riding for fitness, commuting or cruising to the farmer's market to do the weekly shop
- It's easy to accessorise with racks, a kickstand, mudguards, lights and more!
- You can pair FX with your smartphone and send your ride data to your favourite fitness app when you add DuoTrap S
Rack & mudguard ready
Built-in mounts make it easy to add racks and mudguards for added versatility.
DuoTrap S compatible
DuoTrap S integrates a Bluetooth®/ANT+ sensor into the frame. Log routes and track fitness progress on your computer or smart phone with no external sensor. Works with all major ANT+ wireless players, including Bontrager, Garmin, PowerTap, and SRM.
Tough Bontrager Hard-Case tyres help keep punctures from slowing you down.
Alpha Gold Aluminium frame
Our high-performance lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted, and formed into manipulated tube shapes to balance strength and save weight.
Lightweight fork with carbon fibre legs soaks up hand-numbing road vibration.
IsoZone handlebar and grips
Suspension for your hands. Our exclusive vibration-damping IsoZone material absorbs road bumps and buzz, giving you more control and an incredibly comfortable ride.
Tubeless Ready rims
Bontrager TLR (Tubeless Ready) Road is the first fully integrated tubeless system for road wheels. When you go tubeless with TLR, you can run lower tyre pressure for increased traction and comfort without the threat of pinch flats.
Hydraulic disc brakes
Hydraulic disc brakes offer the absolute strongest stopping power even in wet and muddy conditions.
- FX Alpha Gold Aluminium, DuoTrap S compatible, post-mount disc, rack and mudguard mounts
- FX carbon, post-mount disc, lowrider and mudguard mounts
- Front hub
- Formula alloy, 6-bolt disc, 12 mm thru-axle, 32h
- Rear hub
- Formula DC22 alloy
- Bontrager Tubeless Ready Disc, 32h
- Bontrager H2 Hard-case Lite, 700x32c
- Shimano Acera, 9 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Acera
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Alivio T4000
- Shimano Acera M371, 48/36/26 w/chainguard
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- Shimano HG200, 11-34, 9-speed
- KMC X9
- Bontrager Satellite City
- Bontrager H1
- Bontrager SSR, 2-bolt head, 27.2 mm, 12 mm offset
- Bontrager Satellite Plus IsoZone, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise
- Bontrager Satellite IsoZone Plus, lock-on, ergonomic
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, w/computer and light mounts
- Head set
- 1-1/8˝ threadless, sealed cartridge bearings
- Brake set
- Shimano MT-200 hydraulic disc
- M - 12.04 kg / 26.54 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
155.0 - 165.0 cm
5'1.0" - 5'5.0"
72.0 - 78.0 cm
28.3" - 30.7"
165.0 - 175.0 cm
5'5.0" - 5'8.9"
77.0 - 83.0 cm
30.3" - 32.7"
175.0 - 186.0 cm
5'8.9" - 6'1.2"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 197.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.6"
87.0 - 93.0 cm
34.3" - 36.6"
197.0 - 203.0 cm
6'5.6" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|