It's right for you if...
Raining cats and dogs? That doesn't keep you from riding. You want a high-value hybrid bike with the superior all-weather stopping power of disc brakes, plus a lightweight frame and reliable parts that will hold up over time.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminium frame, Tektro mechanical disc brakes for all-weather stopping power, a Shimano drivetrain with 24 speeds and a wide range of gearing so you're never pedalling too hard to too gently, and mounts for racks, mudguards, lights, a kickstand and more!
The final word
FX 2 Disc is versatile hybrid bike with parts that perform on training rides, trips to the market or your morning commute. It has endless options for accessories, but what really sets this model apart are the disc brakes, which provide great stopping power in all weather conditions.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- More confident braking means that bad weather doesn't have to keep you from enjoying your ride
- It's versatile and does whatever you want it to do, whether that's riding for fitness, commuting or cruising to the farmer's market to do the weekly shop
- FX is your platform for personalisation – add a rack and mudguards, lights, a kickstand and more!
- Like every Trek hybrid, it's backed by a lifetime warranty and supported by a wide network of retail partners
Rack & mudguard ready
Built-in mounts make it easy to add racks and mudguards for added versatility.
DuoTrap S compatible
DuoTrap S integrates a Bluetooth®/ANT+ sensor into the frame. Log routes and track fitness progress on your computer or smart phone with no external sensor. Works with all major ANT+ wireless players, including Bontrager, Garmin, PowerTap, and SRM.
Alpha Gold Aluminium frame
Our high-performance lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted, and formed into manipulated tube shapes to balance strength and save weight.
Mechanical disc brakes
Reliable stopping power in all conditions, including wet and muddy.
- FX Alpha Gold Aluminium, DuoTrap S compatible, post-mount disc, rack and mudguard mounts
- FX alloy disc w/tapered wall thickness, straight blades
- Front hub
- Formula DC20 alloy
- Rear hub
- Formula DC22 alloy
- Bontrager Connection alloy, 32h
- Bontrager H2, 700x35c
- Shimano EF500, 8-speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Tourney TY71
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Acera M360
- Forged alloy, 48/38/28 w/chainguard
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- Shimano HG31, 11-32, 8-speed
- KMC Z7
- Resin body, alloy cage
- Bontrager Sport
- Bontrager SSR, 2-bolt head, 27.2 mm, 12 mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise
- Bontrager Satellite, ergonomic
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, Blendr compatible
- Head set
- 1-1/8˝ threadless, sealed cartridge bearings
- Brake set
- Tektro M280 mechanical disc
- 20˝ - 12.01 kg / 26.48 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
155.0 - 165.0 cm
5'1.0" - 5'5.0"
72.0 - 78.0 cm
28.3" - 30.7"
165.0 - 175.0 cm
5'5.0" - 5'8.9"
77.0 - 83.0 cm
30.3" - 32.7"
175.0 - 186.0 cm
5'8.9" - 6'1.2"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 197.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.6"
87.0 - 93.0 cm
34.3" - 36.6"
197.0 - 203.0 cm
6'5.6" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|