It's right for you if...
You expect a lot of your bike, including speed and efficiency on the road and rugged durability when you turn off-road. You're riding faster, further and more frequently, and you're looking to upgrade to a hybrid bike that will keep pace with you as you advance.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminium frame, an ATB-rated SR Suntour NRX fork with remote handlebar lockout, a 2x10 Shimano SLX mountain drivetrain, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes for ultimate stopping power in all conditions, Tubeless Ready rims, puncture-resistant Bontrager LT2 Comp Hard-Case Lite tyres, rack and mudguard mounts, DuoTrap S compatibility and a Blendr stem for easy accessory integration.
The final word
A top-of-the-line bike for top-of-the-line adventures on a wide variety of terrain. Dual Sport 4 is versatile hybrid bike with a performance drivetrain and suspension fork that will stand up to your every adventure whim. It's the smart choice for performance-minded riders who value comfort, durability and versatility.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- With a remote lockout, your hands never need to leave the handlebar as you adjust your suspension
- A wide range of gearing means that you never have to pedal too hard or too soft, even on the biggest hills
- Why choose between the road and trail? Dual Sport is a versatile hybrid that excels on a variety of terrain
- It's easy to accessorise your frame with racks, a kickstand, mudguards, lights and more!
- DuoTrap S compatibility makes it easy to wirelessly track your rides, so you can set goals and watch yourself reach them
The Dual Sport difference
Trek Dual Sport bikes are the right solution for the multi-purpose rider, designed from the ground up for weekday-to-weekend versatility. You’ll feel the difference! Comfortable, capable geometry and ergonomic features are essential for the frequent rider. And tyre selection is Dialed for mixed use: fast & efficient on pavement, capable & confident on dirt.
Alpha Gold Aluminium frame
Our high-performance lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted, and formed into manipulated tube shapes to balance strength and save weight.
Handlebar-mounted controls for on-the-fly suspension lockout as you switch terrains.
Internal cable routing
We route shift and brake cables through the frame to keep things clean and simple. And it looks great, too.
Massive tyre clearance
Accommodates 700x35c tyres with mudguards, or a 29"x1.8" MTB tyre without mudguards.
Rack & mudguard ready
Built-in mounts make it easy to add racks and mudguards for added versatility.
Shock-absorbing fork allows the front wheel to travel up and down over bumps while the handlebars stay steady, for a comfortable, controlled ride.
Allows you to lock out the suspension fork for efficient riding on smooth terrain.
DuoTrap S compatible
DuoTrap S integrates a Bluetooth®/ANT+ sensor into the frame. Log routes and track fitness progress on your computer or smart phone with no external sensor. Works with all major ANT+ wireless players, including Bontrager, Garmin, PowerTap, and SRM.
Hydraulic disc brakes
Hydraulic disc brakes offer the absolute strongest stopping power even in wet and muddy conditions.
Tubeless Ready rims
Bontrager TLR (Tubeless Ready) Road is the first fully integrated tubeless system for road wheels. When you go tubeless with TLR, you can run lower tyre pressure for increased traction and comfort without the threat of pinch flats.
Tough Bontrager Hard-Case tyres help keep punctures from slowing you down.
Specially designed grips take your hand shape into account for more comfort and greater control.
- Alpha Gold Aluminium, DuoTrap S compatible, rack and mudguard mounts
- SR Suntour NRX, ATB rated, coil spring, preload, hydraulic remote lockout, 63mm travel
- Front hub
- Shimano M3050 Center LockCenterLock
- Rear hub
- Shimano M3050 Center LockCenterLock
- Bontrager Tubeless Ready Disc, 32h
- Bontrager LT2, Hard-Case Lite, 700x38c
- Shimano SLX, 10-speed
- Front derailleur
- SRAM X5
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano SLX, M7000 Shadow Plus
- SRAM S1000, 42/28
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM GXP, Sealed cartridge
- Shimano HG50, 11-36, 10-speed
- KMC X10
- Wellgo track-style alloy
- Bontrager Evoke 1.5
- Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 27.2 mm, 8 mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise
- Bontrager Satellite Elite, lock-on, ergonomic
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, w/computer and light mounts
- Head set
- 1-1/8˝ threadless, sealed cartridge bearings
- Brake set
- Shimano M447 hydraulic disc
- 19" - 12.46 kg/27.47 lb
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
154.0 - 167.0 cm
5'0.6" - 5'5.7"
72.0 - 78.0 cm
28.3" - 30.7"
164.0 - 177.0 cm
5'4.6" - 5'9.7"
77.0 - 83.0 cm
30.3" - 32.7"
174.0 - 187.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'1.6"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
185.0 - 197.0 cm
6'0.8" - 6'5.6"
87.0 - 93.0 cm
34.3" - 36.6"
196.0 - 203.0 cm
6'5.2" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|