It's right for you if...
Your kid has MTB dreams that are as big as the mountains they're riding. They're serious about mountain biking, but not quite big enough for an adult Fuel EX. Maybe they're lucky enough to have a NICA league at their school, or maybe you're an avid mountain biker and you want your kid to enjoy the trails with you.
The tech you get
A lightweight and strong Alpha Gold Aluminium frame, X-Fusion Performance Suspension tuned for lighter riders and a quality Shimano Deore drivetrain to help young riders tackle varied terrain. This kids' MTB has the same tech as the adult version, including ABP, Full Floater, Evo Link and suspension lockout. It also has a kid-specific saddle and hydraulic disc brakes for comfort and control.
The final word
Fuel EX Jr is our highest-performance mountain bike for kids, and our only kids' full suspension bike. It's not just a small adult bike – it's a bike built from the ground up with a kid-specific geometry that's based on an adult frame and a performance spec that'll have your kids dominating the trails in no time.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- This is the real deal – Fuel EX Jr packs the same performance of the traditional Fuel EX line in a pint-sized package
- Nothing says 'family bonding' quite like manoeuvring technical trails on matching Fuel EX bikes
- It's not just a small adult bike – we built Fuel EX Jr from the ground up to be the most comfortable and controllable kids' mountain bike on the trail
- More stand over + lower BB + shorter reach = confident control
Junior 12.5" sizing
The frame has been engineered from the ground up with plenty of confidence-inspiring stand-over. It can accommodate riders 1.32 m to 1.52 m tall, or about 9 years or older.
Quality components mean this bike is ready to shred the singletrack, on race day or every day.
Reliable stopping power in all conditions.
Most suspension systems attach the bottom of the shock to a fixed frame mount. That fixed mount can contribute to a harsh ride. We solved that with Full Floater, attaching the shock to two moving linkage points so it can better respond to bumps across a wide variety of terrain. It feels like more travel, but it's not. It's smarter travel.
Our exclusive EVO Link system connects the main frame to the rear triangle with a one-piece rocker link, creating a stiffer frame for greater control with minimal weight. It's a stronger, lighter rocker.
E2 tapered head tube
E2 is the evolution of the 1-1/8" headset to a tapered head tube, fork and headset system. E2 tapers from a 1.5" lower to a 1-1/8" upper to provide more material where it matters most, for a stronger, lighter frame with point-and-shoot control.
Alpha Aluminium frame
Trek's lightweight, high-performance aluminium is durable and rustproof.
Confident stopping for youngsters who are ready to control their speed with their hands.
Front suspension absorbs the bumps of the road, path and trail, and looks cool while doing it.
Dialed for kids
Trek Dialed Fit components adjust along with growth spurts, so you can dial in the perfect fit for years to come.
- Alpha Gold Aluminium, ABP Convert, Full Floater, E2 tapered head tube, EVO link, 90mm travel
- X-Fusion Velvet RL, air spring, rebound, lockout, E2 tapered steerer, 90mm travel
- Rear suspension
- X-Fusion Microlite RL, air spring, rebound, lockout, 152x32mm
- Front hub
- Formula DC20 alloy
- Rear hub
- Formula DC22 alloy
- Bontrager AT-650 32-hole double-walled alloy
- Bontrager XR2, 26x2.20˝
- Shimano Deore, 10 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Deore, high direct mount
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore, Shadow Plus
- Alloy, 24/32 w/bashguard
- Bottom bracket
- sealed cartridge
- Shimano HG50, 11-36, 10-speed
- KMC X10
- Not included
- Dialed 24˝ size, padded
- Bontrager SSR, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 25.4 mm, 15 mm rise
- Bontrager Race
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, Blendr compatible
- Head set
- Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano M315 hydraulic disc
- 13.10 kg/28.88 lb
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 77 kg (170 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
90.0 - 102.0 cm
2'11.4" - 3'4.2"
99.0 - 117.0 cm
3'3.0" - 3'10.1"
114.0 - 132.0 cm
3'8.9" - 4'4.0"
130.0 - 150.0 cm
4'3.2" - 4'11.1"
146.0 - 160.0 cm
4'9.5" - 5'3.0"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||G — Bottom bracket drop||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack||Saddle rail height minimum (w/short mast)||Saddle rail height maximum (w/tall mast)|