It's right for you if...
You're new to mountain biking and want a high-value bike that's perfect for local XC trails and even racing. You want to invest in the parts that make a difference in performance – frame, suspension and brakes – and want a bike you won't immediately outgrow as your skills advance.
The tech you get
The X-Caliber 7 has a lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminium frame, RockShox fork with 100 mm of travel and a lockout feature, a dependable 2x9 Shimano drivetrain, hydraulic disc brakes and wider Boost141 hubs for increased wheel strength and better tyre clearance. This hub size is standard for higher-end wheel sets, making it easy to upgrade your wheels if you're looking for a fast way to increase performance.
The final word
The X-Caliber 7 is a great cross-country mountain bike at great value. It has the same features found on higher-end bikes – like internal cable routing, dropper post compatibility, an E2 tapered head tube and Boost hub spacing – all on a platform that's easy to upgrade down the line.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- It gets you into the world of cross-country riding and racing at a great price, and it's a mountain bike that can grow with you as your skills advance
- The sleek internal cable routing gives you clean looks, protects your cables and makes it easy to upgrade to a dropper post for even more capability
- Smart Wheel Sizing means you'll get the fastest wheel that fits (29˝ wheels on larger frames, 27.5˝ wheels on smaller frames)
- The sleek internal routing protects cables and accommodates dropper post upgrades
Alpha Gold Aluminium
Our high-performance lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted, and formed into manipulated tube shapes to balance strength and save weight.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Locked suspension means your fork remains inactive, increasing pedalling efficiency. Perfect for extended road sections where efficiency is more important than bump absorption.
Dropper post internal routing
Not ready for an internally routed dropper post now, but want to keep your options open? Select frames are equipped with the proper entry and exit points to accommodate internal routing for a Stealth seat post.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
Extended size range
A wider range of sizes than the industry standard provides more options for everyone, from tallest to shortest and all those in between. Because everyone deserves a great ride.
- Alpha Gold Aluminium, E2 tapered head tube, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, rack and kickstand mount, Boost141, G2 Geometry
- RockShox 30 Silver, coil spring, preload, rebound, TurnKey lockout, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset on 29ers, 100 mm travel (13.5: 80 mm travel)
- Front hub
- Formula DC20 alloy
- Rear hub
- Formula DC2241 alloy, Boost141
- Bontrager Connection 32-hole double-walled
- Bontrager XR2, 29x2.20˝ (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- Shimano Acera M3000, 9-speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Deore M400
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Acera M3000, Shadow
- Shimano Acera M3000, 36/22
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- Shimano HG200, 11-36, 9-speed
- Wellgo nylon platform
- Bontrager Evoke 1.5
- Bontrager SSR, 2-bolt head, 31.6 mm, 12 mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 5 mm rise, 720 mm width
- Bontrager Race Lite, lock-on
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree
- Head set
- Semi-integrated, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano M315 hydraulic disc
- M - 13.74 kg / 30.30 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
137.0 - 155.0 cm
4'5.9" - 5'1.0"
64.0 - 73.0 cm
25.2" - 28.7"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|