It's right for you if...
You want to get out and ride more, and you're looking for versatility and performance at great value. You appreciate a lightweight frame, semi-skinny tyres that are still stable in loose terrain, plenty of speeds to help you up hills and endless options for accessories.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminium frame, a Shimano drivetrain with 24 speeds and a wide range of gearing so you're never pedalling too hard to too gently, and mounts for racks, mudguards, lights, kickstand and more!
The final word
FX 2 is a versatile hybrid bike that's just as much at home on fitness rides as on local cruises and commutes. The lightweight frame and extra gears let you take on longer rides with bigger hills, and the endless accessory options make it a high-value companion that you can personalise to fit your style.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- This bike brings families together, gets people away from screens and lets you enjoy time outside
- It's versatile and does whatever you want it to do, whether that's riding for fitness, commuting or cruising to the farmer's market to do the weekly shop
- FX is your platform for personalisation – add a rack and mudguards, lights, a kickstand and more!
- Like every Trek hybrid, it's backed by a lifetime warranty and supported by a wide network of retail partners
Rack & mudguard ready
Built-in mounts make it easy to add racks and mudguards for added versatility.
DuoTrap S compatible
DuoTrap S integrates a Bluetooth®/ANT+ sensor into the frame. Log routes and track fitness progress on your computer or smart phone with no external sensor. Works with all major ANT+ wireless players, including Bontrager, Garmin, PowerTap, and SRM.
Alpha Gold Aluminium frame
Our high-performance lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted, and formed into manipulated tube shapes to balance strength and save weight.
- FX Alpha Gold Aluminium, DuoTrap S compatible, rack and mudguard mounts
- FX alloy w/tapered wall thickness, straight blades
- Front hub
- Formula TK21 alloy
- Rear hub
- Bontrager Connection, alloy, 32h
- Bontrager H2, 700x35c
- Shimano EF500, 8 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano Tourney TY71
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Acera M360
- Forged alloy, 48/38/28 w/chainguard
- Bottom bracket
- Sealed cartridge
- Shimano HG31, 11-32, 8-speed
- KMC Z7
- Bontrager Satellite City
- Bontrager Sport
- Bontrager SSR, 2-bolt head, 27.2 mm, 12 mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise
- Bontrager Satellite, ergonomic
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, Blendr compatible
- Head set
- 1-1/8" threadless, sealed cartridge bearings
- Brake set
- Tektro alloy linear-pull
- M - 11.68 kg / 25.75 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
155.0 - 165.0 cm
5'1.0" - 5'5.0"
72.0 - 78.0 cm
28.3" - 30.7"
165.0 - 175.0 cm
5'5.0" - 5'8.9"
77.0 - 83.0 cm
30.3" - 32.7"
175.0 - 186.0 cm
5'8.9" - 6'1.2"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 197.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.6"
87.0 - 93.0 cm
34.3" - 36.6"
197.0 - 203.0 cm
6'5.6" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|