It's right for you if...
You want more than just the added confidence of electric-assist. You also want the performance of quality mountain bike parts, and you're willing spend some extra cash to get them because you know they make a difference on the trail.
The tech you get
A durable Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame with a Bosch Performance CX 250-watt motor that assists up to 20 mph, an ergonomic Bosch Purion controller and an integrated, long-range 500 wH battery that's secure while you're riding, but easy to remove for charging. Plus, a Shimano SLX/XT 1x11 drivetrain, a RockShox Recon RL 100 mm suspension fork and a dropper post.
The final word
This is where performance electric-assist and performance mountain bike parts meet. It can make the steep climbs, hard-to-find trails and epic rides of your dreams a reality.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- It rides like a mountain bike because it is one: it has the same frame and suspension tech that we've refined in our decades-long trail heritage
- It actually makes climbs as enjoyable as descents
- It's more than a mountain bike: pedal-assist means you can ride to the trail-head, then hit the single-track without having to shuttle your bike there by car
- The long-life battery is secured within the downtube and is easily removed for charging
Batteries integrated into the downtube provide a sleek look and keep weight low for a stable ride. They are easily removable without additional tools for charging or safe keeping.
Alpha Platinum Aluminium
Our premium lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone else's.
This unique protection shield made of lightweight but robust aluminium protects the motor against stones.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Bosch PowerPack 500
The premium Bosch lithium-ion battery features 500 Wh and a guaranteed long lifespan. The battery not only ensures long distances, but is also easy to remove and take with you.
Bosch Purion Display
Bosch's Purion display features a fully-functional speedometer with a backlit display, service interval indicator and battery range indicator. Its thoughtful design allows riders to scroll through functions or choose the right level of support while maintaining contact with the handlebars.
Bosch Performance CX
Bosch’s Performance CX line is made for rugged off-road use with a maximum torque of up to 75 newton metres, sustained power into the high cadence range for sporty acceleration and a sleek mid-mount motor for ideal weight balance and obstacle clearance.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, E2 tapered head tube, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, integrated battery, G2 Geometry on 29ers, Boost148
- Front suspension
- RockShox Recon RL, Solo Air, lockout, E2 tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset on 29ers, 100 mm travel
- Front hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, alloy axle, Boost110
- Rear hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing alloy axle, Boost148
- Bontrager Duster Elite Tubeless Ready 32-hole, tubeless strips and valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR3 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.40˝ (15.5: 27.5x2.35˝)
- Shimano SLX M7000, 11-speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore XT M8000, Shadow Plus
- Race Aeffect, 15T w/chainguard
- Shimano SLX M7000, 11-46, 11-speed
- Shimano HG60
- Wellgo nylon platform
- Bontrager Evoke 2, chromoly rails
- Dropper post, Bontrager lever, 31.6 mm, internal routing
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise
- Bontrager Satellite Elite, lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, Knock Block, 31.8 mm, 0-degree, 60 mm length
- Head set
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano Deore M6000 hydraulic disc
- Bosch PowerPack 500 Wh downtube
- Bosch Purion
- Bosch Performance CX, 250 watt, 75 Nm
- M - 22.24 kg / 49.02 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
147.0 - 155.0 cm
4'9.9" - 5'1.0"
69.0 - 73.0 cm
27.2" - 28.7"
155.0 - 166.0 cm
5'1.0" - 5'5.4"
73.0 - 78.0 cm
28.7" - 30.7"
165.0 - 177.0 cm
5'5.0" - 5'9.7"
78.0 - 83.0 cm
30.7" - 32.7"
175.0 - 187.0 cm
5'8.9" - 6'1.6"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 198.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'6.0"
87.0 - 93.0 cm
34.3" - 36.6"
197.0 - 205.0 cm
6'5.6" - 6'8.7"
93.0 - 96.0 cm
36.6" - 37.8"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|