It's right for you if...
You want an efficient, capable, short-travel trail bike that excels at endurance and stage racing and can handle rough trails and even XC races. You appreciate the performance advantage of carbon and want a super-light bike with race-level components and suspension.
The tech you get
A full OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, upgraded 120 mm Fox Performance 34 Step-Cast Float fork with GRIP damper, 115 mm of rear travel with a Fox Performance Float shock and a 1x12 SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain with Truvativ Descendant 7k DUB cranks. Plus, wide carbon Bontrager Kovee Elite 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub for fast engagement, TwistLoc dual remote suspension lockout, Bontrager Line Elite Dropper, Bontrager Kovee Pro OCLV Carbon handlebars and upgraded Shimano SLX hydraulic disc brakes.
The final word
Top Fuel 9.8 is an efficient, capable and ridiculously fun short-travel carbon trail bike with the performance boost of upgraded parts like the drivetrain, fork and brakes. It's built to rip technical terrain and descents, speed through flow sections and withstand the beating that endurance races dole out.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- This bike wants to go fast – it's built with no-nonsense, high-performance parts
- You get a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness in the rough and Knock Block frame defence to protect against spinning bars and fork crowns
- TwistLoc simultaneously locks out front and rear shocks for climbs and sprints with the simple Grip Shift-like motion
- Wider Kovee Elite 30 wheels provide better tyre support so you can run lower pressure and get more traction
- This short-travel trail bike gives you a suspension set-up that’s capable in several MTB disciplines, and especially suited to endurance events
Complete Tubeless System
Tubeless Ready rims and tyres make it easy to ditch the tubes so you get better traction, fewer flats and less weight. You're ready to roll straight out of the box with the included TLR rim strips, valves and sealant.
TwistLoc Dual Remote Lockout
TwistLoc simultaneously locks out front and rear shocks with a simple Grip Shift-like motion; and it leaves room for a dropper post lever.
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame and stays, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 115 mm travel
- Fox Performance 34 Step-Cast, Float EVOL air spring, GRIP 2-position damper, TwistLoc remote, tapered steerer, 44 mm offset, Boost110, 15 mm Kabolt axle, 120 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float, 2-position DPS damper, TwistLoc remote, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 190x45 mm
- Bontrager Kovee Elite 30 carbon, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Bontrager XR3 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewall, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 29x2.40"
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Truvativ Descendant 7k Eagle DUB, 32T alloy ring, Boost
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB, 92 mm, PressFit
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12-speed
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Bontrager Montrose Elite, titanium rails
- Bontrager Line Elite Dropper, 170 mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm
- Bontrager Kovee Pro, OCLV Carbon, 35mm, 5mm rise
- SRAM TwistLoc
- Bontrager Kovee Pro, 35 mm, Knock Block, Blendr-compatible, 13-degree
- Head set
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano SLX M7000 hydraulic disc, 180 mm front rotor, 160 mm rear rotor
- M - 11.84 kg / 26.11 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|