It's right for you if...
You don't want to ride trails, you want to fly across them – and you want a bike that can match you mile for mile through races and marathon single-track sessions. You appreciate the performance advantage of carbon and want a super-light bike with race-level components and suspension.
The tech you get
An OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, a SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain with an upgraded carbon crank, carbon Bontrager Kovee Elite wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub for fast engagement, 100 mm FOX Performance 32 Float front and rear suspension with remote lockout and Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv XC damper, and a carbon bar and seatpost.
The final word
Light, fast and efficient. The carbon frame, carbon components, and our smartest, fastest and most efficient XC suspension make the Top Fuel 9.8 SL right for riders who want a rocket of a bike to tackle cross-country racing and marathons.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- This bike wants to go fast – it's built with no-nonsense, high-performance parts designed for flat-out speed
- The dual suspension remote locks out both front and rear shocks simultaneously for climbs and sprints
- Make it yours: it's fully customisable through Project One
- The super-efficient RE:aktiv XC shock offers a unique advantage with tech borrowed from Formula One racing
Handlebar-mounted controls let you lock out your suspension on the fly as you switch terrains.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Control Freak cable management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom set-up.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame and seatstay, alloy chainstay, ABP, Full Floater, EVO link, E2 tapered head tube, Mino Link, MicroTruss, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, PF92, Boost148 and G2 Geometry on 29ers, 100 mm travel
- Front suspension
- Fox Performance 32 Float, Step Cast, FIT4 2-position damper (with new push-to-unlock remote), E2 tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset on 29ers, 100 mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float, RE:aktiv XC 2-position damper (with new push-to-unlock remote), tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 6.5”x1.5”
- Bontrager Kovee Elite 23, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear (15.5˝: 142x12 rear, 21T), tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.20˝ (15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- SRAM Stylo Carbon Eagle, 32T
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM XG-1275, 10-50, 12-speed
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Montrose Elite, hollow titanium rails
- Bontrager Pro, 31.6 mm, 5 mm offset
- Bontrager Race X Lite, OCLV Carbon, 31.8 mm, 5 mm rise
- ESI Chunky
- Bontrager Pro, 31.8 mm, 7-degree
- Head set
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- SRAM Level TLM hydraulic disc
- M - 10.93 kg/24.10 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|