It's right for you if...
You like the responsiveness of an aluminium frame, and would rather spend your money on better components than a full carbon frame. You want a ride that's lightweight and responsive, with an IsoSpeed decoupler and carbon seatpost, so you can pedal over rough spots with comfort and ease.
The tech you get
A durable and light Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame with IsoSpeed, SRAM NX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain with a wider-range GX Eagle cassette, Shimano MT500 hydraulic disc brakes and an advanced RockShox Recon Gold RL air fork with Motion Control damper and a remote lockout. Plus, Boost 148/110 Bontrager Kovee Comp wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub for quick engagement and additional lightweight parts, like a Bontrager Pro OCLV Carbon seatpost and Montrose Comp saddle.
The final word
This is hands down the best aluminium hardtail we make. You're getting Trek's highest-grade Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame, the unique advantage of trail-smoothing IsoSpeed, a full-on race-worthy spec and quality suspension that you'd normally find on a much more expensive bike.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The IsoSpeed decoupler makes it ride smoother than any other hardtail, so your body doesn't get beaten up by trail chatter
- You're putting your money into the parts that make a big difference in performance: an advanced frame, a wider range drivetrain with a lighter cassette and quality RockShox suspension
- The solid XC parts group will hold its own on the race course, but it's also going to hold up through everyday training rides
Handlebar-mounted controls let you lock out your suspension on the fly as you switch terrains.
Internal derailleur routing
Sleek ports at the head tube and near the seat tube let you route your derailleur cables through the frame to keep your bike running smooth and clean.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 at the back lets you run wider tyres and a larger chain ring without affecting q-factor and pedalling efficiency.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give ourbikes precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our bikes handle better than anyone else's.
Extended size range
A wider range of sizes than the industry standard provides more options for everyone, from tallest to shortest and all those in between. Because everyone deserves a great ride.
Alpha Platinum Aluminium
Our premium lightweight aluminium is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium, IsoSpeed, tapered head tube, internal derailleur routing, balanced post mount brake, Boost148, G2 Geometry on 29ers
- RockShox Recon Gold RL, Solo Air, Motion Control damper, remote lockout, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset on 29ers, Boost110, 100 mm travel (13.5: 80 mm travel)
- Bontrager Kovee Comp 23, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear
- Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.20˝ (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX Eagle, Type 3 Roller Bearing Clutch
- SRAM NX Eagle Dub, 30T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- DUB PF92
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12-speed
- SRAM NX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Montrose Comp
- Bontrager Pro, OCLV Carbon, 31.6 mm, 0 mm offset
- Bontrager Comp alloy, 31.8 mm, 5 mm rise, 720 mm width (13.5: 690 mm width)
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, Blendr compatible
- Head set
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano MT500 hydraulic disc
- M - 11.75 kg / 25.91 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorised Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
137.0 - 155.0 cm
4'5.9" - 5'1.0"
64.0 - 73.0 cm
25.2" - 28.7"
153.0 - 166.5 cm
5'0.2" - 5'5.6"
72.0 - 79.0 cm
28.3" - 31.1"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
165.5 - 179.0 cm
5'5.2" - 5'10.5"
77.0 - 84.0 cm
30.3" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise stated.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|