Want the capability of a full suspension trail bike in a simple hardtail package, plus the extra benefits of 29+ tires? Then you were born to ride the Stache.
- 120mm travel and 29+ wheels let you roll over anything
- OCLV Mountain Carbon frame is light, efficient, and tough
- Boost148/110: stronger wheels, more tire clearance, shorter stays
- Fine tune chainstay length with Stranglehold adjustable thru axle
MidstayHow do you fit a 29" tire without elongating the wheelbase? Elevate the driveside chainstay up and out of the way.
Stranglehold dropoutHorizontal sliding dropout with redundant securing mechanisms allows for no-slip singlespeed or geared options and provides the ability to dial in the geometry to match each rider’s style.
Boost148/110Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
Carbon ArmorSometimes you need a little extra protection, so we developed our light, tough external Carbon Armor polymer shield. It provides reassurance when you know your down tube is bound to take some abuse.
29+29+ is a wider 3" tire that grips relentlessly while floating over terrain. Yet it delivers all the 29er benefits you know and love, like greater momentum and improved rollover.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon, Boost148, Midstay, E2 tapered head tube, internal derailleur & dropper post routing, Carbon Armor, PF92, Stranglehold dropouts, G2 Geometry
- Front suspension
- RockShox Yari RC, Solo Air, Motion Control damper, E2 tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, 120mm travel
- Bontrager sealed bearing hubs, alloy axle Boost110 front, Boost148 rear; SUNringlé Duroc 50 SL 28-hole rims
- Front Hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, alloy axle, Boost110
- Rear Hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, Boost148
- SUNringlé Duroc 50 SL 28-hole (tubeless strips and valves included)
- Bontrager Chupacabra, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 29x3.00"
- SRAM GX, 11 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX, Roller Bearing Clutch
- SRAM X1 1200, 30T Direct Mount X-Sync
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM XG-1150, 10-42, 11 speed
- SRAM PC-1110
- Bontrager Evoke 2, chromoly rails
- KS eThirty Integra, remote lever, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, zero offset, internal routing
- Bontrager Rhythm Elite, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 750mm width
- Bontrager Race Lite, lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mm, 0 degree
- Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc
- 17.5" - 12.79 kg / 28.20 lbs
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorized Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A Seat tube||B Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C Head tube length||D Head angle||E Effective top tube||F Bottom bracket height||G Bottom bracket drop||H Chainstay length||I Offset||J Trail||K Wheelbase||L Standover||M Frame reach||N Frame stack||Frame rise|
Upgrades from Stache 9.6
- RockShox Pike RC fork
- Bontrager Line Pro carbon wheels
- SRAM X01/X1 carbon drivetrain
- Bontrager Line Pro 35mm carbon bar & stem
- Bontrager Drop Line dropper post
Upgrades from Stache 5
- Manitou Magnum 34 Comp fork
- Bontrager sealed bearing hubs
- SRAM X1/GX 1x11 drivetrain
- SRAM Guide R brakes
- Bontrager Rhythm bar & stem