Want the capability of a full suspension trail bike in a simple hardtail package, plus the extra benefits of 29+ tires? Then you were born to ride the Stache.
- 120mm travel and 29+ wheels let you roll over anything
- Shorter chainstays give you a spirited, lively ride
- Boost148/110: stronger wheels, more tire clearance, shorter stays
- Fine tune chainstay length with Stranglehold adjustable thru axle
Alpha Platinum AluminumOur premium lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
MidstayHow do you fit a 29" tire without elongating the wheelbase? Elevate the driveside chainstay up and out of the way.
Stranglehold dropoutHorizontal sliding dropout with redundant securing mechanisms allows for no-slip singlespeed or geared options and provides the ability to dial in the geometry to match each rider’s style.
Boost148/110Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
29+29+ is a wider 3" tire that grips relentlessly while floating over terrain. Yet it delivers all the 29er benefits you know and love, like greater momentum and improved rollover.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, Boost148, Midstay, E2 tapered head tube, internal derailleur & dropper post routing, PF92, Stranglehold dropouts, G2 Geometry
- Front suspension
- Manitou Magnum 34 Comp, air spring, E2 tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, 120mm travel
- Bontrager sealed bearing hubs, alloy axle Boost110 front, Boost148 rear; SUNringlé Duroc 50 SL 28-hole rims
- Front Hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, alloy axle, Boost110
- Rear Hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, Boost148
- SUNringlé Duroc 50 SL 28-hole (tubeless strips and valves included)
- Bontrager Chupacabra, Tubeless Ready, aramid bead, 29x3.00"
- SRAM GX, 11 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX, Roller Bearing Clutch
- SRAM X1 1200, 30T Direct Mount X-Sync
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM XG-1150, 10-42, 11 speed
- SRAM PC-1110
- Bontrager Evoke 2, chromoly rails
- Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 8mm offset
- Bontrager Rhythm Elite, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 750mm width
- Bontrager Race
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mm, 7 degree
- Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- SRAM Level T hydraulic disc
- 17.5" - 13.52 kg / 29.81 lbs
Sizing & fit
Proper bike fit is essential for best performance and comfort. Any size and geometry measurements shown on trekbikes.com are for general comparison purposes only. To find your perfect fit, visit an authorized Trek retailer, where an expert skilled at sizing will help you find the appropriate bike and size for your individual needs.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A Seat tube||B Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C Head tube length||D Head angle||E Effective top tube||F Bottom bracket height||G Bottom bracket drop||H Chainstay length||I Offset||J Trail||K Wheelbase||L Standover||M Frame reach||N Frame stack|
Upgrades from Stache 9.6
- RockShox Pike RC fork
- Bontrager Line Pro carbon wheels
- SRAM X01/X1 carbon drivetrain
- Bontrager Line Pro 35mm carbon bar & stem
- Bontrager Drop Line dropper post
Upgrades from Stache 7
- OCLV Mountain Carbon frame
- KS eThirty Integra dropper post