It's right for you if...
You're cool with your wheels leaving the ground, but you also like to go the distance on marathon singletrack sessions and aim to clear every rock garden on the first try. You want exceptional trail bike performance, with the same MTB frame and suspension tech found on higher-end trail bikes, at an exceptional value.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame, SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain with a wide-range 10-50 cassette, Tubeless Ready Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub for quick engagement, and a Bontrager Line dropper post for on-the-fly saddle height adjustments. The 130mm front and rear FOX suspension with Trek's exclusive RE:aktiv damper is enough to go big while staying fast on the flats and climbs.
The final word
It's a trail bike that is fully capable keeping up with whatever you throw at it. It has the same frame and suspension tech found on our top-of-the-line trail bikes, with a SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain that delivers a huge range of gearing with the simplicity of a single shifter.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- If you measure quality in performance per dollar, you won't do better than Fuel EX 8
- You sense its capability immediately, like when you're charging through sections of trail you never thought you'd clean
- It's great for riders who don't want to do just one kind of mountain biking, but want to explore everything from XC marathons to epic descents
- The shifter-style, underbar remote dropper post lever is super intuitive and easy to use
You might also like
Alpha Platinum Aluminum
Our premium lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone's.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, down tube guard, PF92, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 130mm travel
- Front suspension
- Fox Rhythm 34 Float, GRIP adjustable damper, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, Boost110, 130mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float EVOL, RE:aktiv 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x52.5mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.40˝
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Descendant 6k Eagle DUB, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92mm
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12 speed
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada, hollow chromoly rails
- Bontrager Line, internal routing, 31.6mm, 15.5: 100mm, 17.5 & 18.5: 125mm, 19.5 & 21.5: 150mm
- Bontrager Line, 35mm, 15mm rise, 750mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Elite, alloy lock-on
- Bontrager Line, Knock Block, 35mm clamp, 0 degree
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Shimano Deore M6000 hydraulic disc
- 17.5˝ - 13.79 kg / 30.4 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|