It's right for you if...
You want one high-performance bike that excels on every trail, and you want it at a great value. You expect your bike handle a variety of challenges, including rocky descents, long climbs, fast corners, and gaps.
The tech you get
A capable and stiff Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame, 130mm RockShox Reba RL fork and 130mm of rear travel, and a SRAM NX 1x12 Eagle drivetrain with a wide range of gearing for climbs. Plus, Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive rear hub for fast engagement and a Bontrager dropper post.
The final word
Fuel EX 7 is a great all-around trail bike for a wide variety of terrain. It has upgrades where it matters most, like in the SRAM 1x12 drivetrain, suspension, and dropper post.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- It's great for riders who don't want to do just one kind of mountain biking, but want to do explore everything from XC marathons to epic descents
- The dropper post upgrade makes this Fuel EX model even more capable
- The NX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain gives you an extra-low climbing gear for tackling steep terrain
- Wide Line Comp 30 wheels provide more tire support so you get better traction and control
You might also like
Alpha Platinum Aluminum
Our premium lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone's.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, down tube guard, PF92, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry, 130mm travel
- RockShox Reba RL, Solo Air, Motion Control RL damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, 130mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float EVOL, 3-position DPS damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x52.5mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips and valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.40˝
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- SRAM NX Eagle DUB, 32T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92mm
- SRAM XG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed
- SRAM NX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Arvada
- Dropper post, Bontrager lever, 31.6mm, internal routing
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 750mm width
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mm clamp, 0 degree
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Shimano MT400 hydraulic disc
- M - 14.29 kg / 31.5 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|