It's right for you if...
You're likely to ride year-round, even when it's snowing, and want a fat tire bike that gives you extraordinary capability and traction at a great value.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame with Stranglehold dropouts, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, a Bontrager Haru carbon fork, a wide-range Shimano Deore 1x10 drivetrain, SRAM Level hydraulic disc brakes, and Tubeless Ready SUNringlé Mulefüt wheels paired with extra-grippy 27.5x4.5˝ Bontrager Gnarwhal TLR tires.
The final word
Fat bikes are ridiculously fun. They're grippy and stable, but the best thing about them is that they get you outside in more seasons. If you're looking for a fun alternative to riding the roads or trainer through the winter, you won't find a better value than Farley 5.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Farley 5 is the perfect bike for breaking into the winter sports scene without breaking the bank
- It's an introductory model, but fully capable of taking on daily winter rides, fat bike races, and even summer trails
- It's a four-season freedom machine that lets you ride outside all year long
- The 27.5x4.5˝ tires deliver more speed and traction than their 26˝ counterparts
You might also like
Alpha Platinum Aluminum
Our premium lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
Dropper post internal routing
Not ready for an internally routed dropper post now, but want to keep your options open? Select frames are equipped with the proper entry and exit points to accommodate internal routing for a Stealth seat post.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, tapered head tube, internal derailleur & dropper post routing, rack mounts, PF121, 197mm Stranglehold adjustable thru axle dropouts
- Bontrager Haru, OCLV Carbon lowers, tapered steerer, 100mm suspension corrected, 15x150mm
- Front hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, 150x15
- Rear hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, 197x12
- SUNringlé Mulefut 80 SL 32-hole cutout, tubeless strips and valves sold separately
- Bontrager Gnarwhal, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 27.5x4.50˝ (S & M rear tire: Bontrager Barbegazi, 27.5x3.80˝)
- Shimano Deore M6000, 10 speed
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore M6000, Shadow Plus
- Race Face Ride, 28T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- Race Face Press Fit 121mm
- Shimano HG50, 11-42, 10 speed
- KMC X10
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada
- Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, Blendr compatible
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- SRAM Level hydraulic disc
- M - 14.20 kg / 31.31 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 175.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'8.9"
76.0 - 82.0 cm
29.9" - 32.3"
174.0 - 188.0 cm
5'8.5" - 6'2.0"
82.0 - 88.0 cm
32.3" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|