It's right for you if...
Rugged terrain, wild trails, big adventures—this is the stuff that gets your heart racing. You're looking for an e-MTB with the major performance upgrade of a carbon frame, and you want a high-quality parts spec and suspension package to match.
The tech you get
A lightweight and trail-tough OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame that fully encases a long-range 500Wh battery for great aesthetics and protection on the trail, a powerful Bosch Performance CX 250W drive system that helps you sustain speeds of up to 20 mph, and an ergonomic Purion controller. Plus, a 160mm RockShox Yari RL fork with plush DebonAir spring, 150mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe RL shock, Tubeless Ready Bontrager Line Comp 40 wheels, grippy 27.5+ mid-fat tires, a dropper post, 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain, and Shimano 4-piston hydraulic brakes for extra stopping power.
The final word
For all the performance advantages of Powerfly LT 9.7's trail-ready spec, it's the lightweight OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame that sets it apart from all others. It's lighter, faster, and has the good looks worthy of a trail bike of this caliber.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame with alloy stays make for a bike that's light and trail-tough
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy to remove the battery without tools, and lets you mount a water bottle cage—even on full suspension e-MTBs
- Longer travel suspension and 27.5+ mid-fat tires are the perfect combination for traction, stability, and capability on rough trails
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
- It rides like a mountain bike because it is one: it has the same frame and suspension tech we've refined in our decades-long trail heritage
"Trek electric bikes are some of my favorites"
"It's nice to have a dropper post, fully-adjustable suspension, and a frame that is well-balanced. The drive system is positioned well and performs incredibly. Trek really dialed in their rear suspension and ABP reduces skipping so the rear wheel track the ground. The removable battery pack with a handle makes this an easy bike to lift, transport, service on the trail, and park securely."Read more
"An absolute riot"
"On terrain that an elite-level XC racer would struggle to conquer, the Powerfly winched up huge mountains with seamless power delivery, especially in eMTB mode that automatically matches your effort. Planted and sure-footed on the descents, it gives you the confidence to release your grip on the powerful brakes and push the tires to the limit."Read more
"Easily one of our top choices"
"The eMTB mode is a fantastic alternative to the manually adjusted power settings found on most other e-bikes. The beauty is that eMTB mode works so well, you can forget about it entirely and focus on the ride instead. Having e-bike specific forks and four piston brakes for example is something that seems obvious, but surprisingly few companies actually make happen."Read more
"Trek has created something special"
"Powerfly really feels at home blasting around even the most extreme trails. Rough terrain is simply swallowed up by the capable suspension. The relatively long chain stays are a huge advantage on steep sections, letting you stay seated without losing any traction. The front wheel hardly ever lifts off the ground and the central position makes it easy to pedal on technical sections and maintain your balance."Read more
You might also like
Bosch Performance Line CX
Bosch's Performance Line CX motor is made specifically for off-road use with more torque and power for better acceleration. The intelligent eMTB mode automatically adjusts the amount of assist to match the terrain. It's a set-and-forget mode that delivers just the right amount of power. You get optimum control, traction, and battery life so you can focus on enjoying the ride.
Removable Integrated Battery
RIB is a one-piece battery and cover with a built-in handle that can easily be removed and re-installed in the frame with no tools and no hassle. It’s the most convenient way to remove your battery for transport, security, or just easier charging.
Tubeless Ready rims and tires make it easy to ditch the tubes so you get better traction, fewer flats, and less weight. The rim strips are already installed; just add TLR valves and sealant.
Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame, alloy stays, ABP, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), EVO link, tapered head tube, Knock Block, internal derailleur & dropper post routing, G2 Geometry, Boost148, 150mm travel
- RockShox Yari RL, DebonAir, Motion Control RL damper, tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, 160mm travel
- Rear suspension
- RockShox Deluxe RL, 205x57.5mm
- Bontrager Line Comp 40, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear, tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, 120tpi, aramid bead, 27.5x2.80˝
- SRAM NX Eagle single-click, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX Eagle
- Race Aeffect, 15T w/chainguard
- SRAM XG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed
- SRAM NX Eagle
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada
- Dropper post, 31.6mm, internal routing
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mm, 15mm rise
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, Knock Block, 31.8mm clamp, 0 degree
- Knock Block Integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Shimano MT520 4-piston hydraulic disc
- Bosch PowerTube 500Wh
- Bosch Purion
- Bosch Performance CX, 250Watt, 75Nm, 20mph
- M - 23.18 kg / 51.1 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|