It's right for you if...
You measure your rides in speed and distance, and want a fast XC bike that will help you cover more trail in less time. You race, or you could see yourself getting into racing, so you want a hardtail with competition-level parts that can give you an advantage on the trail.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminum frame, RockShox Judy Silver fork with remote lockout, Bontrager Kovee wheels, and Boost110 thru axle front hub all work together to give X-Caliber 9 exceptional handling. The Shimano XT/SLX 2x11 drivetrain has smaller jumps between gears and a clutch-equipped rear derailleur to reduce chain noise.
The final word
X-Caliber 9 is a speedy, nimble, and efficient XC hardtail that's perfect for riders with a racing pedigree and anyone who dreams of covering epic distances out on the trail.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- It's a great bike for someone who's just getting into serious racing: you get high-end XC parts on an awesome frame with enough cash left over for entry fees
- There's nothing as sweet as a silent ride: the clutch rear derailleur prevents chain slap, even in the rough
- Front and rear Boost hub spacing opens the door for high-end wheel upgrades
- The 31.6mm seat tube gives you the option to install a dropper post when you want to tackle rowdier terrain
You might also like
Locked suspension means your fork remains inactive, increasing pedaling efficiency. Perfect for extended road sections where efficiency is more important than bump absorption.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Internal derailleur routing
Sleek ports at the head tube and near the seat tube let you route your derailleur cables through the frame to keep your bike running smooth and clean.
Going for a long ride? Rack mounts make carrying accessories a breeze.
Alpha Gold Aluminum
Our high-performance lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted, and formed into manipulated tube shapes to balance strength and weight saving.
Extended size range
A wider range of sizes than the industry standard provides more option for everyone, from tallest to shortest and all those in between. Because everyone deserves a great ride.
Dropper post internal routing
Not ready for an internally routed dropper post now, but want to keep your options open? Select frames are equipped with the proper entry and exit points to accommodate internal routing for a Stealth seat post.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone's.
- Alpha Gold Aluminum, tapered head tube, internal derailleur & dropper post routing, rack & kickstand mount, Boost141, G2 Geometry
- Front suspension
- RockShox Judy Silver TK, Solo Air spring, rebound adjust, Turnkey damper with remote lockout, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, Boost110, 100mm travel (13.5: 80mm travel)
- Front hub
- Bontrager sealed bearing, alloy axle, Boost110
- Rear hub
- Formula DC2641 sealed bearing, Boost141
- Bontrager Kovee 28-hole Tubeless Ready, tubeless rim strips and valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR2, 29x2.20˝ (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- Shimano SLX M7000, 11 speed
- Front derailleur
- Shimano SLX M7020
- Rear derailleur
- Shimano Deore XT M8000, Shadow Plus
- Shimano SLX M7000, 36/26
- Bottom bracket
- Shimano BB52, 73mm
- Shimano SLX M7000, 11-42, 11 speed
- KMC X11-1
- Bontrager Arvada
- Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 31.6mm, 12mm offset
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise, 720mm width (13.5: 690mm width)
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7 degree, Blendr compatible
- Sealed cartridge, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Shimano MT400 hydraulic disc
- 17.5˝ - 13.15 kg / 29 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
195.0 - 203.0 cm
6'4.8" - 6'7.9"
92.0 - 95.0 cm
36.2" - 37.4"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|