It's right for you if...
You want to build up a quiver-killing bike that crushes all sorts of terrain. You know you want to start with a high-performance carbon frameset, and plan to spec it out as a trail-ripping, short-travel trail ripper.
The tech you get
A lightweight and trail-tough full OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with Mino Link adjustable geometry, a 115mm Fox Performance Float shock with 2-position DPS damper, Knock Block headset, and Control Freak internal cable routing. Designed for a 120mm fork, but can handle up to 130mm of fork travel.
The final word
Top Fuel C is light, nimble, and fun. This OCLV Mountain Carbon frameset is ideal for building up the all-around-awesome short-travel trail bike of your dreams.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- The full carbon frame gives you a light, responsive ride
- If you’re looking to build up a lightning-fast short-travel trail bike, this is exactly where you should start
- Mino Link lets you make small adjustments to your geometry quickly and easily, even mid-ride
- You get a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness in the rough and Knock Block frame defense to protect against spinning bars and fork crowns
"Racing blood, trail spirit"
"It's devilishly quick, accelerates in a way that makes it seem like my legs actually produce real power. It's stable, planted, and it tracks like it's supposed to. Endurance athletes will be able to remain seated over more terrain, saving precious energy over the long haul, while XC pinners will hook up better on steep technical climbs."Read more
"Super light and fast as hell"
"The new Top Fuel might not be a pure XC-race bike anymore, but it's still precise and very fast. Its new trail orientation makes it a great choice for a rider who wants a fast and light bike with most of the the efficiency of a cross-country race bike, but with bit more versatility and playfulness."Read more
You might also like
Will my bike have a curved top tube?
Smaller frames (S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. Larger frames (M and up) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
Straight Shot downtube
Straight Shot downtube gives you an extra-stiff frame without adding any weight, so you can stick your line through the rough stuff and still fly up the next climb.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame & stays, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 115mm travel
- Max compatible fork travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float, 2-position DPS damper, dual remote, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 190x45mm
- Max tire size
- Max chainring size
- Bontrager Kovee Pro, 35mm, Knock Block, Blendr compatible, 13 degree
- Knock Block Integrated, 58-degree radius, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- M - 2.15 kg / 4.74 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 166.5 cm
5'0.2" - 5'5.6"
72.0 - 79.0 cm
28.3" - 31.1"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
165.5 - 179.0 cm
5'5.2" - 5'10.5"
77.0 - 84.0 cm
30.3" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|