It's right for you if...
You want to build up one single full suspension bike that's super fun to ride on a wide variety of trails. You're looking for a frame that's designed for both efficiency and capability, and are interested in racing endurance events, riding techy descents with friends, and even racing XC.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame with Mino Link adjustable geometry, a 115mm Fox Performance Float shock with 2-position DPS damper, Knock Block headset, and Control Freak internal cable routing. Designed for a 120mm fork, but can handle up to 130mm of fork travel.
The final word
Top Fuel AL is the high-value foundation for a versatile full suspension build. Whether you're hoping to compete in a multi-day stage race or want one single bike that's fast and capable on both flow trails and technical descents, this is the place to start.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum is lightweight and trail-tough
- Efficient and capable: you can build up this frameset to suit a wide range of trails and races, from XC to endurance
- Mino Link lets you make small adjustments to your geometry quickly and easily, even mid-ride
- You get a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness in the rough and Knock Block frame defense to protect against spinning bars and fork crowns
You might also like
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 115mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float, 2-postion DPS damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 190x45mm
- Knock Block Integrated, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- M - 3.23 kg / 7.11 lbs
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|