It's right for you if...
You don't want to ride trails, you want to fly across them—and you want a bike that can match you mile for mile through races and marathon singletrack sessions. You appreciate the performance advantage of carbon and want a superlight bike with race-level components and suspension.
The tech you get
An OCLV Mountain Carbon frame, a 1x12 SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain with an upgraded Truvativ Stylo carbon crank, wide carbon Bontrager Kovee Elite 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub for fast engagement. You get 100mm of front and rear suspension with a RockShox SID RL fork and FOX shock, plus a TwistLoc dual remote suspension lockout, and a carbon bar and seatpost.
The final word
Light, fast, and efficient. The carbon frame, carbon components, and efficient XC suspension make Top Fuel 9.8 SL right for riders who want a rocket of a bike to tackle cross country racing and marathons.
favorite_borderWhy you'll love it
- This bike wants to go fast—it's built with no-nonsense, high-performance parts designed for flat-out speed
- TwistLoc simultaneously locks out front and rear shocks for climbs and sprints with the simple Grip Shift-like motion
- Wider Kovee Elite 30 wheels provide better tire support so you can run lower pressure and get more traction
- Make it yours: it's fully customizable through Project One
"An XC racer's dream bike"
"A no-compromise XC race bike aimed at the go-fast everywhere (not just go-fast downhill) crowd. This bike is made to go fast, and that's what it does best. Don't be afraid to get sendy on this bike, either, it amazes with what it can handle. This thing feels stable in the air and the suspension helped make landings seamless and smooth."Read more
"More than just race-winning performance"
"It's a seriously rapid bike, and it responds well to roots and rocks, allowing you to keep the power on rather than having to ease back. It manages a fine line between a taut and lithe XC race machine and a bike that most riders would be happy to use for general trail duty."Read more
"A greyhound tailor-made for marathon racers and long distances"
"Few testers were surprised when they pulled away from their counterparts on the opening climb of our test track. Nor were any eyebrows raised when the big wheels blazed over root-filled, technical ascents. The small-bump compliance is superb. It feels like it has more than 100mm of travel. It motors the flats and climbs like a scalded cat."Read more
You might also like
TwistLoc Dual Remote Lockout
TwistLoc simultaneously locks out front and rear shocks with a simple Grip Shift-like motion; and it leaves room for a dropper post lever.
Control Freak Cable Management
The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
Smart Wheel Size
The right wheel size paired with your frame size gives you the perfect combination of responsiveness and control.
Advanced frame geometry and a custom offset fork give our 29ers precise handling at low speed without compromising high-speed stability. We call it G2 Geometry, and it's why our 29ers handle better than anyone's.
- OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame & seatstay, alloy chainstays, ABP, Full Floater, EVO link, tapered head tube, Mino Link, MicroTruss, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, PF92, Boost148 & G2 Geometry on 29ers, 100mm travel
- Front suspension
- RockShox SID RL, DebonAir spring, Motion Control damper, TwistLoc remote lockout, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset on 29ers, Boost110, 100mm travel
- Rear suspension
- Fox Performance Float DPS, 2-position remote, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 6.5x1.5˝
- Bontrager Kovee Elite 30 Carbon, Tubeless Ready, 54T Rapid Drive, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear (15.5: 142x12 rear), tubeless strips included, valves sold separately
- Bontrager XR2 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, 120 tpi, aramid bead, 29x2.20˝ (13.5 & 15.5: 27.5x2.20˝)
- SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM GX Eagle, Roller Bearing Clutch
- Truvativ Stylo Carbon Eagle Dub, 32T
- Bottom bracket
- SRAM DUB Press Fit, 92mm
- SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12 speed
- SRAM GX Eagle
- Not included
- Bontrager Montrose Elite, titanium rails
- Bontrager Pro, OCLV Carbon, 31.6mm, 0mm offset
- Bontrager Race X Lite, OCLV Carbon, 31.8mm, 5mm rise
- Bontrager Pro, 31.8mm, 7 degree
- FSA IS-2, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Shimano Deore XT M8000 hydraulic disc
- 17.5˝ - 11.07 kg / 24.4 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
Sizing & fit
The charts below show our recommended sizes based on height, but there are some other factors, like arm and leg length, that determine a great fit. That’s why you’ll see some overlap in our recommendations. Not every rider who’s 5´8˝, for example, will fit on the same size bike. The best way to find your perfect fit is to consult the experts at your local Trek retailer.
153.0 - 162.0 cm
5'0.2" - 5'3.8"
72.0 - 76.0 cm
28.3" - 29.9"
161.0 - 172.0 cm
5'3.4" - 5'7.7"
76.0 - 81.0 cm
29.9" - 31.9"
170.0 - 179.0 cm
5'6.9" - 5'10.5"
80.0 - 84.0 cm
31.5" - 33.1"
177.0 - 188.0 cm
5'9.7" - 6'2.0"
83.0 - 88.0 cm
32.7" - 34.6"
186.0 - 196.0 cm
6'1.2" - 6'5.2"
87.0 - 92.0 cm
34.3" - 36.2"
All measurements provided in cm unless otherwise noted.
|Frame size number||Frame size letter||Geometry position||Wheel size||A — Seat tube||B — Seat tube angle||Effective seat tube angle||C — Head tube length||D — Head angle||E — Effective top tube||F — Bottom bracket height||G — Bottom bracket drop||H — Chainstay length||I — Offset||J — Trail||K — Wheelbase||L — Standover||M — Frame reach||N — Frame stack|